12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2016 11:37 AM by chobbits RSS

Domes of Elounda

chobbits Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone

I am using >300k points for 8 nights, next week @ the Domes of Elounda Autograph hotel. It looks fantastic from all the research I have done.

Does anyone have any experience / insider tips before we go ?

Much appreciated, and fingers crossed for an upgrade !

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Greece
  • Re: Domes of Elounda
    fistuk Platinum

Hi Chobbits,

I've been there a couple of months ago, and also posted about my experience:

Have a look here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chobbits Platinum

Hi Mate

your review was fantastic ! Thanks a lot. Looking forward to it even more now

cheers

benbuck6 Silver

really have been looking at this one and hoping ONE DAY after the kids are gone

chobbits Platinum

our kids are coming with us ! Wouldnt be the same without them.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

From what I've seen of this property, it looks absolutely amazing!! We featured this property for a Destination Spotlight a few months back, Crete: Greece’s Classical Cultural Tour – comment on this post and you could earn points.  The insight on this thread and in the comments may be of interest to you, Chobbits.  Be sure share your travel stories with us when you get back!

queenie27 Silver

Just got back from Crete and the Domes was just lovely.  Very warm hospitality--was greeted with champagne, a tray of fruit and cookies and a bottle of wine.  Breakfast was delicious every morning and they have a nice little beach, although if you want to swim go in by the "family" part and not by the little dock with the mattress/hammocks as I saw some sea urchins there.  Go to Agios Nikolaios for dinner--we went someplace the concierge recommended. I was very happy we rented a car and spent time exploring the island --we actually spent 5 days staying in Rethymnon and drove all over from there to Chania, Knossos, Elafonissi Beach and the south--and then planted ourselves on the beach to rest for the last 3 days at the Domes!

Platinum

Wow - sounds nice. I may add this to the bucket list, assuming I can still afford the bucket. Thanks again queenie27 for the follow up after the visit!

chobbits Platinum

We just got back a few days ago.

FANTASTIC hotel. Absolutely beautiful. The suite we had was amazing, and all of the staff were so friendly. For the peak time of year we went (Europe School vacation period) I dread to think how much the stay would have cost with my own pennies, so I would say using your MR points is a great idea.

The beach is so picturesque, and the main pool over the hill is rarely very busy. Fab breakfast (free for all of us) sets you up for the day.

Seriously no complaints - a wonderful hotel.

shu Platinum

I work in Europe and am flying my wife over at the end of September. Would this location make for a good long weekend or do you need more time?

chobbits Platinum

^^ You would probably need minimum 4 nights mate.

i would very much recommend it.

neverstoptraveling2016 Gold

I am going there with my family of 4 next year.  Thank you for your review.  I'm so excited!  Is a car needed to get around the island?

chobbits Platinum

We had a car, and it made life much easier. Depends, I suppose whether you want to explore or just relax..

You can hire cars on a daily basis actually in the hotel, which is very flexible

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...