8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2016 4:48 PM by orddoug RSS

Why does Marriott hide life time status progress?

sanjuancap Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm confused as to why lifetime status progress is hidden on my profile? My account profile shows total nights stayed, but does shows "0" for lifetime points. Is there a reason for this omission?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why does Marriott hide life time status progress?
    seatexan Platinum

I think it is just a fluke and its being worked on to fix it.  Hopefully it will show up again soon!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, you are not the only one experiencing this technical difficulty, but is in the process of being fixed. You can refer to the thread below to check out a related, ongoing conversation.

Lifetime points showing 0

Best,

nationwide Platinum

If you call the Marriott Rewards line, they will be happy to give you an updated lifetime status.  That said, they were also quick to say it's only been 3 or 4 days since this problem appeared.... As though we haven't been patiently waiting since the 24th of last month.  I politely pointed that out, and the rep was quick to reply "oh, I wasn't aware..."  We know, in good faith, they will get this fixed... However, the silence on this issue is deafening.  If I held my customers at bay with empty promises and no explanation like this, I wouldn't have customers any longer.  It's time to tell us what is going on, and when we should expect a fix.  I agree with dansplan, we need an IT rep who can tell us what they are doing to remedy the situation. 

Platinum

Here's carat comment from 6/23:  That's a dang little bit of light being shed considering ...lindseyh

responded to same issue on 7/11  happily announced she'd "passed it on to the appropriate department. Is this really what the CMs consider helping? I'd hate to ask them to help put out a fire!

Re: Lifetime points showing 0

caratCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateSilver

Hi All -  wanted to shed a little light.  We have been experiencing issues with the website this week. We are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.  We will let you know as soon as we can confirm everything is working as it should.  Apologies for any frustration this has caused!!

Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

lindseyhCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateMember

Hey all! We've passed your suggestions on to the appropriate team.

Finally - we have AndrewT assuring us that everything is ok, and not to worry

Re: Why does Marriott hide life time status progress?

AndrewTCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateMember

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, you are not the only one experiencing this technical difficulty, but is in the process of being fixed. You can refer to the thread below to check out a related, ongoing conversation.

Lifetime points showing 0

Best,

How many CM's does it take to assure us something is being done? I'd say all 6. we are 50% of the way there folks.

702rugbyref Platinum

It would seem intuitive the moderators/monitors on here would directly relate issues to the respective departments to handle these problems that are pointed out generally by their loyal members.

Platinum

If you read this post

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

- you can see what the CMs consider helping  - Passed it on to the appropriate dept,. No info. No ETA. This used to be known as passing the buck, but this is even more vague.

orddoug Platinum

On July 20 Carat posted that IT  told her the problem would be fixed by the end of the month.  On Aug 2 she posted the same thing - looks like it was unclear which month end would bring the magic fix!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...