14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2016 6:37 PM by dano9911 RSS

Marriott Airport Orlando

candygal Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Seriously.......what a complete disappointment!!!!    Rooms are awful and need serious updates.....and I am on the concierge floor.  The lounge is awful.  I arrived at 8pm.....it was a mess and absolutely nothing left to eat.

NEVER AGAIN.....the Renaissance across the street is fantastic.  Won't be making this mistake again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Orlando Airport
  • Re: Marriott Airport Orlando
    702rugbyref Platinum

Good to know. I was planning on staying there in October prior to my cruise. Not now. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

candygal Platinum

Don't bother.....it is probably the worst Marriott property that I have stayed at in last 10 years.  the concierge lounge does not even provide bottled water.   there are really nice properties very close to here.....just not this one!

dano9911 Silver

I second that.  Very disappointing, very bad and not a great choice.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

702rugbyref,

So you were staying in the Orlando area before a cruise, what type of cruise as you are pretty much land locked in the Orlando area?

702rugbyref Platinum

It's out of Canaveral and I think we are arriving MCO around 2230hrs. It's only an hour ride but will be pretty tired travelling all day although it would be nice to have an ocean sunrise.

I was just funnin with ya and yes, just about an hour in either direction to the coast. 

702rugbyref Platinum

I just need to try and figure out the best way to get to/from MCO to the Pier. Any experience?

Jsucool76 Gold

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can +1 the rennaissance. Stuff was still a bit older but it was an overall nice property, with a great staff.

candygal Platinum

Agree, but at least it is clean and fairly well appointed.   this place is actually dirty and completely beat up.  wall paper peeling in my room.  even the person in the concierge lounge said it was the worst property she has worked at and was embarrassed! 

Stayed at the Renaissance a couple of years ago and it was horrible as well.  Lesson learned, don't fly out of MCO and expect a nice hotel close.

mrbmbrown Platinum

Don't hold your breath. Even the Hyatt in MCO is old and run down. That is usually where I stay pre-cruise as it is easier (no rental car, no bus transport, etc.), but it needs an update as well.

702rugbyref Platinum

How do you usually get to/from MCO to Canaveral?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of this candygal!  I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you and have sent you a direct message for additional details. 

mah249 Platinum

Also, be careful of a couple of gestation nearest the airport if you have to fill-up a rental car prior to returning it. I was there last week and they were charging over $5 a gallon for gas at two of them. They don't advertise the price and its only posted on the pumps. I went to another gas station a few blocks away that had the gas prices posted on a sign and bough gas at $2 per gal..

M

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...