9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2016 5:39 PM by dansplan RSS

An idea for Marriott Offer

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Here's an interesting twist currently being offered by Starwood (SPG) - Maybe Marriott could do something similar.

Getting older isn't so bad after all

Enjoy a favorite offer from our guests. Stay one night at regular rate and your second night's rate will be equal to the year you were born. Born in 1968? Pay $68.

Rates will be confirmed at check-in

*SELECT HOTELS AND RESORTS WILL ADD $100 TO YOUR BIRTH YEAR RATE.

LENGTH OF STAY REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BY PARTICIPATING HOTEL.

I must admit this is a strange offer. What do you think? Seems like there should be something to attract folks that can't reach the megabonus # of nights/stays, but still would consider staying an extra night here or there with offers like these popping up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
exclusive_offers
alternate_universe_offers
  • Re: An idea for Marriott Offer
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Very innovative and rewarding to us baby boomers

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Even more rewarding for those of us who are even older than the boomers.

Platinum

Unless of course you were born around the turn of the century, in which case they should just give you a free room anywhere you like for the publicity

AZDesertRat Platinum

It's a great idea and a way to get more otherwise empty rooms filled on weekends when the business travelers aren't around.  This would be an offer hard to ignore.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I love that idea.....but how on earth do you think Marriott would verify your birth year?  Oh I know, with their IT Department!!!

Platinum

Then when nobody can seem to book for the rate of their age, to the rescue come the pass-it-onners (tm). Passing it on like nobody's business. It'll be fixed - just be patient, perhaps watch a movie or two, read a novel, and paint the house. We assure you someone may even know they should start working on it.

Platinum

Couldn't help noticing this topic is going off the rails. So how do you think the weather in Houston will affect this potential offer? Anyone? IAHFLYR ?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Let me run it by the Weather Channel.

Platinum

Don't forget to assure me first that it will be fixed and to be patient. Also, factor in that it's an even Monday and my shoe size is odd (as in an odd number, not that I have 6 toes or a heel on both ends).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...