3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2016 11:00 PM by brightlybob RSS

2 stays, same day, different citis

alammari Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have just booked a room for a 3 nights stay in Melbourne Australia (6-9 Oct) for myself  and another room for my parents for 4 nights stay (6-10 Oct) in the same hotel, the reason I booked a 3 night stay is because I will be flying to Hawaii and will be in Marriott Waikiki beach on the 10th of Oct to 13th, note that all bookings are under my Marriott rewards account, so there will be 1 booking where I will be in Hawaii and in Melbourne at the same time under my Marriott account, and since I am registering for the promotion of double nights, would that mean I will get all the nights counted(which I doubt)?

will I get the points for having a stay in Melbourne and another in Hawaii? how will the nights count towards my account? should I separate the bookings and do another booking?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2 stays, same day, different citis
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Are the two rooms in Melbourne on the same reservation number?

As far as your stays in Melbourne then in Hawaii...both of those should count for nights and points.

The second room in Melbourne is the stay in question. I think by rule, you earn the nights but not points or visa versa.  Although, I have had some hotels register two rooms for nights and points for me in the past.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2 stays, same day, different citis
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

II've had both nights and points in a similar situation, that shouldn't happen, but it did.

YOu should get 6 nights credit for the nights you're at the hotels and points for both hotels but no points for the last night in Melbourne when you're not there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...