6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2016 8:24 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

New Zealand - Hotel Thoughts

mrbmbrown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know Marriott is weak in the Pacific Rim in general, but I am taking advantage of a fare sale to head to New Zealand for a holiday. Anyone have any hotel suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Queenstown, New Zealand
  • Re: New Zealand - Hotel Thoughts
    702rugbyref Platinum

I have stayed at Choice Hotels when travelling in NZ. There is a great one in Taupo with HUGE tubs, and also Rotorura. I stay with friends in Auckland and Christchurch.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrbmbrown Platinum

No Friends in Auckland. Though I have a Kiwi friend who's mum lives there still... Hmmmm.... ;-)

beaug Platinum

I tend to stay at the Sofitel Viaduct Auckland. The Viaduct location is pretty central, right on the water.. And the hotel is pretty decent.

I've only ever stayed at Ski Resorts in Queenstown, generally, they're all much the same... Accor have many properties in the area.

Yes, in the Australia/NZ area there aren't many Marriott properties at present (7 in Australia + 7 more in development + 1 in development in NZ); however Starwood is very strong- In 2018 I would say that Marriott members would certainly be spoilt for, quality, choice.

702rugbyref Platinum

I just booked a 3 day trip to Auckland so very interested in this blog given Marriott has ZERO presence. Thanks!! Phil

mrbmbrown Platinum

702rugbyref You really are going to milk those MRs this year until they change to $ reqs on AA huh? Good for you!

702rugbyref Platinum

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not looking forward to the revenue based but I am already EP for 2017 so if I can obtain 2 + more SWU, I sure as hell will try to use them with a foreign vacation every month from Jan-June and Dec/Jan 18 already planned.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...