4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 6:21 PM by lov2go RSS

Keeping up with status challenge

toumei64 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I called Marriott Rewards yesterday and they signed me up for the gold status challenge. The rep told me I'd see it in my promotions on my account, but I'm not seeing it there. Does it take some time to show up or am I looking in the wrong place? I just want to make sure that I'm signed up and my stays are counting.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Keeping up with status challenge
    droma Platinum

I believe the rep was incorrect.  Every time I've done a challenge, it is confirmed by email the dates and required stays you must make within those dates.  Once you accomplish the challenge, Marriott will update your status to the new level (you may have to call and reference the email as a reminder).  I've had good experiences with them following through on the challenges, but never had one show up in my promotions area or anywhere else I could view it.

On the flip side, if you have a "Taste of..." challenge, those usually show up, but usually cannot be requested.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is a great question, toumei64 and droma is totally correct. Thank you, droma!!

Typically the Status Challenges do not show up under the promotions tab in your online account.  However, if at any time you are curious as to where you stand, feel free to reach out to any of us Community Managers, AndrewT, deannad, lindseyh or myself, carat.  We're always glad to help.

lov2go Gold

When I called to do the Platinum challenge I was told on the phone that I didn't have to do anything, It would start the next day.  I do not have any email confirming the conversation so is this something you can check out for me?

kestrel Gold

I can corroborate droma and carat. I signed up for a status challenge a month or so ago: It doesn't appear in your account but any of the community managers here should be able to give you a concrete start and end date for the challenge.

One thing to keep in mind is that the challenges are usually for "stays" not "nights", so its important to do a little hotel hopping if you wont complete 6 individual bookings in the time-frame.

Good luck on your new status, I was a fool and signed up for the Gold Challenge, but made Gold through credit card spending and a few stays BEFORE I even completed the challenge.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...