1 2 3 12 Previous Next 165 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2016 5:01 PM by mustanggt RSS

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Note - This issue was Originally identified and escalated on 6/23/2016          

Why not have a Marriott Information Technology (IT) representative join us here on MRI and let us know what's ACTUALLY going on instead of  having all of us guess what's happening.... or having the overtaxed community managers fielding all of these IT issues on their own? We all should agree to play nice, and we wouldn't expect them to dedicate more than an hour a week to check in and keep us informed or clarify an issue or two.

UPDATED STATUS AS OF 08/18/16 - SOLVED!

4,260+ views 161+ replies 174+ likes

Per our Community Manager - Cara T

the revised best guess of when the

"missing Lifetime points"

issue will be fixed is now:

->>>>8/31/2016 <<<<-

(previously 7/31/2016)

Latest Update from carat on 8/17 -

Capture.JPG

capture2.JPG

STORY Below this line for those that like the gory details, latest first:

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is NathalieF's response on 7/20 said IT was forecasting 7/31 as a completion. Here's the post:

Hi dansplan.  We'd like to apologize for all the frustration this has caused  for all of our members.  As we've stated previously, our IT teams are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix.  We reached out to them again today and they have just let us know this should be fixed by the end of the month.  We know it's been a long time coming and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has presented.  Will continue to follow up with them until we've received word that everything is working as it should.

----------------------------------------------------------

Older replies from there of the Community Manager's concerning just the Lifetime Points not Displaying Issue:

1. carat on 6/23

Re: Lifetime points showing 0

caratCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateSilver

Hi All -  wanted to shed a little light.  We have been experiencing issues with the website this week. We are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.  We will let you know as soon as we can confirm everything is working as it should.  Apologies for any frustration this has caused!!

2. and lindseyh on 7/11

Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

lindseyhCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateMember

Hey all! We've passed your suggestions on to the appropriate team.

3. Finally - we have AndrewT  on 7/15...assuring us that everything is ok, and not to worry

Re: A bug in the Marriott app

AndrewTCommunity Manager Marriott AssociateMember

Hi there,

Marriott Rewards members should be able to review their number of nights this year and points with our app and we're sorry that you're having difficulty. Our Mobile Development team is aware of this issue and it will be corrected as soon as possible. In the interim, you should be able to view the correct account information by signing out of your account and immediately signing back in.

We do want to assure you that when you use Marriott.com from a standard browser, your account information and stay history will appear correctly.

You can count on Marriott to keep working to improve our member's experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/1/2016 correction  - carat let me know via DM that her and the CM's are all Marriott employees regardless of what anyone finds in the T&C, FAQ, etc.. Thank you carat for clarifying. Perhaps other members will point out where they found that erroneous info so it can also be corrected.

In fairness to both Marriott's loyal customers and it's IT department, it seems there are enough concerns about Marriott IT that I have a suggestion:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

carat  nathalieF  AndrewT  lindseyh deannad melissaerb or other CM's - can you help us understand if this is even a remote possibility or at least advocate on our behalf for some form of communication from that group? Much appreciated. Standing by for "nice" comments. You have to realize, nobody's going to sign up to coming on here and being attacked - so let's give Marriott Corp the benefit of the doubt this time and see what develops.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott_Loves_Us
light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel
wheres_the_beef?
anyone_home_here?
where_has_my_little_dog_gone?
  • 1. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

An excellent idea.  I also suggested to deannad on another thread about the missing lifetime points to have someone from Marriott IT Management appear at the TIPPLE in Houston, I got no response to that idea and I was not kidding either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey all! We've passed your suggestions on to the appropriate team.

• 3. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    Platinum

Thank you lindseyh Ok - looking for an update in a short period of time. This matters to so many here, so please let's not hear crickets. We recognize that you can only escalate, and not necessary solve this problem, but we're relying on you to communicate not only the request, but the importance and sense of urgency.

• 4. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Quite agree with dansplanlindseyh, a statement is long overdue.  It really is coming across that Marriott don't actually care about this issue, and by association don't actually care about their customers.

• 5. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

Cricket_White_Background_Large.jpg

• 6. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    seatexan Platinum

I have been MIA for a bit so maybe I missed a thread.  What are the IT concerns?  I know the site was down over the 4th right?  Do we really need one of the IT people to come tell us whats up?

• 7. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    droma Platinum

We're going on about a month of everyone's lifetime points totals showing 0.

• 8. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    seatexan Platinum

Hmmm a while back it was showing my points (general) as zero and also the site would not connect to my activity, and I had zero reservations.  I do think it is kind of crazy that a company so big would have such issues but it does happen.  It was frustrating but only lasted for about a week.  If they are aware of it, I am sure they are working on it. 

I find posting to twitter gets a quick response.

• 9. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

The point is SeaTexan that this has been going on for far too long.  An IT issue should have been sorted long ago.  Heck, even bejacob has expressed his frustration.

The length of time this has been going on is unacceptable without a proper explanation, which is no0t forthcoming.  I do not think I am alone ion smelling a huge rat.

• 10. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    seatexan Platinum

A rat? I don't think they are purposely making the site malfunction.  Sometimes it can take a good while to figure out the glitch. The most someone will say it that they are working on it.  The mods did at least pass it on, they can't exactly do much more other than check in on the issue.

It would be really funny if they did "properly" explain the issue... C++, Java?

// An exception handler, catches std::out_of_range, which is thrown by vec.at(4)

catch (std::out_of_range& e) {

std::cerr << "Accessing a non-existent element: " << e.what() << '\n';

Sorting thru all that would be a nightmare to me!  I am quite sure they are working on it and the simple explanation might just be a programming error which can take a while...esp if they have a ton of codes to read.  It's not a button they can just push to fix it.

• 11. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well, SeaTexan, I am fully entitled to my opinion.  I really don't need a patronising comment, and being chastised for my view thank you.

• 12. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    seatexan Platinum

You took that wrong, very wrong.  My apologies. 

• 13. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

We used to run into programming errors all the time while testing our next version of ATC software at the FAA Tech Center.  We'd get that excuse from the Tech folks and tell them, okay fine have it fixed when we get back from lunch and most if not every time it was.

I really cannot believe Marriott programming is more difficult than what the FAA was using to control airplanes, but maybe it is!

• 14. Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?
    seatexan Platinum

Who knows! Technology changes so fast!

1 2 3 12 Previous Next