4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2016 9:47 AM by pilam76 RSS

HOTEL REVIEW - Residence Inn Central Park

pilam76 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

OUTSTANDING!!! I emailed the GM Tim M. a week before my reservation and Tim along with Andrew B., a manager upgraded my reservation. I was staying for 8 nights and booked all on points a city view room and they upgraded me to a Grand Times Square View Room. I ended up on the 58th floor overlooking Times Square & the Hudson River. Bed was super comfy, nice soft pillows, excellent water pressure from the shower and super fast elevators. Tim and his staff made me feel like a valued customer! The location is amazing, wedged between Times Square & Central Park. Subway is right nearby along with lots of great nightlife. Just can't say enough about this hotel!

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0465.JPGIMG_0469.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: HOTEL REVIEW - Residence Inn Central Park
    mrjohne Platinum

I've stayed here many times and I agree with pilam76's review.  The hotel is very close to Broadway shows, Central Park, and subway lines.  Also, if you have Platinum status they will definitely upgrade you a nice view especially if you haven't paid for the cheapest room available.

If you stay here definitely check out the Mandarin Lounge in the Mandarin Hotel.  The bar has incredible views of Columbus Circle and Central Park.  Drinks are about $20 but you get a nice try of different peanuts and the service is spectacular.  Just a nice think to check out when you're in town.

Happy Travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Looks and sounds like a great spot to consider when in NYC.  Being up on the 58th did you hear the noise of TS or just the never ending sound of sirens that happen all over the wonderful city always?

Is this a newly designed RI as it looks like it from your room photo?

Thank you for the review, we need to do more of this since the hotel reviews disappeared from Insiders.

pilam76 Platinum

1. No, best part is you cannot hear any street noise or wind from the room!

2. This is a new hotel built in 2013-2014

nationwide Platinum

pilam76 this is a great view!  Wow!  I will add this to my list of places to stay when in the city.  Thanks so much for sharing your stay with us!  I agree with IAHFLYR, we all need to share more of these with one another.  I know the badges are gone, but "we don't need any stinkin' badges" right?!! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...