4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2016 1:31 PM by randomname RSS

Marriott free stay scam phone call

bythehex Member
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious as to whether Marriot sells our phone numbers? I ask this because I recently joined Marriott rewards and now I'm getting calls on my cell phone offering free nights. I know it's not legit without even continuing the call with them as they seem to come from random local numbers. Seems to be that the timing is much more than coincidental, because how would they know I belonged to Marriott rewards otherwise?

Can someone enlighten me on this? I'm beyond annoyed right now.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott free stay scam phone call
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

My friend has gotten the same phone call and he isnt a member of any hotel loyalty program. This call is just as random as those claiming you won some other price. The fact that you are a Marriott rewards member is just a coincidence.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

That's good to know jm1991.  I would hate to think these things happened because we are Rewards members.

mustanggt Platinum

I think these are just scam calls.  My favorite scam call these days is the one from the IRS that they have been trying to reach me and I have one last chance to settle with them before they institute suit.  I guess they are trying to prey on the elderly.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I've begun playing games with the random scammers.

One caller told me my Microsoft computer had a virus they needed to fix.  I told them I had an Apple computer.  Told another one I don't have my computer hooked to the internet.

Another caller has some special deal for Medicare folks.  Told them I wasn't on medicare.

Figure since they're lying we might as well give them some of their own medicine.

Amazing how many people can't find something useful to do with their lives.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...