10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2016 2:58 PM by superchief1 RSS

What is Your Favorite Platinum Perk?

droma Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Yes...I'm sporting a new color today  An abundance of meetings and stays have gotten me to Platinum this year, and will keep me Platinum through next year and the following with rollover.  So, what is everyone's favorite perk of being Platinum?  I think I'm most looking forward to the 50% point bonus!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is Your Favorite Platinum Perk?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My favorite perk, which actually came with Gold, is the CL.  I rarely will stay at a FS Marriott property unless they have one.  The upgrades are also very nice and the extra points come in handy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Me too the concierge

superchief1 Platinum

I agree. My favorite perk is definitely lounge access/ complimentary breakfasts. The points bonus is great, but points devalue every year and I spend most of my vacations at my MVC timeshares.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I would have to agree with you and say that it is the extra bonus points (50% for plat vs. 25% for gold.)  Everything else between plat and gold seems to be the same, at least in my experience.

Congratulations and enjoy!

mustanggt Platinum

My favorite platinum perk is the 50% points bonus...I can never get too many points!

mrbmbrown Platinum
        I think many of the other perks have slowly subsided with time. I am currently LT Plat and Plat Premier (the ghost status that means nothing) and have found many of the benefits really add no value to the program. I have to agree that the point bonus is really what makes it worth it. The fact that Plat (especially LT Plat) is so easy to achieve is only setting the program up for major issues down the road.

trevfour Platinum

Hi mrbmbrown, Platinum and LP are NOT easy to achieve for the leisure travellers on here!

Lounge access and points are what make the program for me.

mrbmbrown Platinum

Very true, but Marriott is branded typically as a business travelers hotel, so many of the folks staying on a regular basis, are frequent.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I agree with both of you, that 1) Plat is not easy to achieve for the leisure traveler and 2) I too fear that the with the lowering of the platinum requirements (a few years ago) along with the upcoming SPG merge, there could indeed be some challenges down the road.  This is why I think that once I achieve lifetime gold next year, I will continue to push as hard and as fast as I can to then achieve lifetime platinum (already have close to enough points, it's the nights that I'll have to get aggressive about.)  I worry just a little bit, that the lifetime requirements might once again change, though in the opposite direction.

Platinum

My favorite perk would have to be the ability to whine the loudest on this site and still get no traction with Marriott Corp. Wait - is that a perk?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...