3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2010 7:01 PM by nuhusker RSS

ritz carlton pointsaver reward codes

addogg Silver
Currently Being Moderated

New member so be kind.  Trying to stay at the ritz carlton in st. thomas using pointsavers.  I want to stay for 10 nights but their reward codes only go up to 7 nights.  As you add nights from 1 to 7 the 'points' needed decreases so one would hope that for 10 nights this decrease or sliding scale would continue.

When I called rewards they kept telling me that all I can do is combine reward codes for a 7 and 3 night stay or a 5 and 5 night stay.  If I do that i am not receiving the benefits of a decrease in points needed for my 10 night total.  Any help or advise appreciated.

• Re: ritz carlton pointsaver reward codes
    tjcnewyork Platinum

A test reservation at the Ritz St. Thomas shows 2 types of rooms available.  For 10 nights:

• $879/night for a Club level guest room=$8,790 + tax
    • $1299/night for a Club level 1 bedroom king=$12,990 + tax

The rate rules require prepayment of 50%.  As you point out, the Tier 2 PointSavers include the 7+3 or 5+5 awards. Regularly, the 7+3 awards are 400,000 points, but the PointSavers is 300,000 points.  While I understand what you mean by a multi-night discount, and the rate for 10 nights should slide a bit lower, the award schedule is what it is.  Again, this is a test reservation.  Did reservations tell you if Pointsavers qualifies for a club level room?  If it does, and the points balance is good, go for it while still available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

addogg Silver

thanks for the reply.  The room for the ritz carlton pointsavers is 'standard' so I don't know if there are any options with that.

We might go to the frenchmans reef instead but apparently the room 'offered' for point redemption does not have a balcony.  Are they any tricks to getting a balcony without paying for an upgrade?  From the posts i have been reading it sound like marriott does not always treat their redemption guests as well as they should.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"From the posts i have been reading it sound like marriott does not always treat their redemption guests as well as they should."

Very perceptive.  And you find that occasionally they don't treat their paying customers any better.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...