17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2016 11:03 PM by jerryl RSS

Points for Skipping Housekeeping

mrbmbrown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I have done this as part of a bets testing program a few times at Marriott properties in San Diego. I know that this has been rolled out more broadly, but is anyone else seeing this happening now?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points for Skipping Housekeeping
    702rugbyref Platinum

I have experienced it at two Marriotts - Denver West and DFW Marriott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

Yes, I've used it at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott and the Atlanta Northwest Marriott.  The latter disappointingly required a follow up phone call to get the points awarded.  And, that was despite being on record before the stay via a request on the mobile app.   

Platinum

Just saw it at Courtyard Irvine Spectrum (spectacular property btw - you'd never know it was a courtyard unless the sign was on the front of the bldg). Was only there 2 nights, so decided not to do it, but would consider on longer stay.

702rugbyref Platinum

Good to know because I never knew CY did this and I stay quite often in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach area.

finntraveler Platinum

Jusr got the offer for the Marriot Tampa Riverside.  Will give it a whirl! 

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

All  of the full service Marriott s I've stayed at in the USA have offered this none so far in the uk

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Two SpringHill Suites properties have offered to me...Centerville, VA and Peabody, MA

ojay Platinum

First saw this at the Ottawa Marriott (Ontario, Canada). Thought it was a great idea!

cerealtrader Silver

This option is available at the Marriott Redmond Town Center location in Redmond, Washington. I decided to give it a try- 500 points a night if you opt out of housekeeping.

I have a feeling I will need to call back to get the points for it however, as each day when I said hello to housekeeping on my floor they were planning on cleaning our room, despite the door hanger I left on as sort of an experiment.  Of course it fell off periodically throughout our stay, or perhaps it was other guests subtly asking me to get some clean sheets and towels..

By the last of our three days I was sufficiently grossed out by myself that I simply asked for fresh towels and soaps from housekeeping.  I asked them each morning for more Starbucks coffee for the coffee maker machine too of course- it IS Seattle after all.

nationwide Platinum

cerealtrader you hit the nail on the head here.  I realized I should ask for extra toiletries, towels, coffee/tea etc via the app on the front end of my stay.  I've now done that twice, and gotten everything I asked for.  So, my 3 days without housekeeping didn't leave me wanting for tea and towels

That is another point that I'm not sure we've reiterated in this thread, there is a maximum of three consecutive days going without housekeeping.  I don't know whether that's to ensure we haven't completely destroyed the room, or there is some scientific evidence to support that we can't make it beyond 3 days without help. 

joelambic Gold

I saw signs/posters at the desk and near the elevator over the weekend at the Courtyard in Indianapolis near the international airport.  My stay was only one night so could not take advantage of the offer.

I did not see the similar information at a Fairfield Inn near Indianapolis but am not certain whether that was because they had not rolled it out or they didn't participate.

idt Platinum

I stayed at two Marriotts in London last week.  The first did not offer it.  The second did, but I was only staying for one night, so couldn't try it.  This is new at this hotel.  The offer was not there at my previous stay at the hotel 2 weeks earlier, or at any previous stay.

It seems worth a try so long as you can get additional supplies of tea, coffee, shampoo, etc whenever you want them.  You're effectively getting 500 points for making the bed yourself.

chobbits Platinum

Ive never been offered this, and i would certainly take the points ! Make it standard Marriott ! You will save a fortune on maids / washing / cleaning

jerseyshore Platinum

I was just offered this at a  Fairfield Inn in Exeter, NH. I thought it was a great idea.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I did it  for a two night stay at CY in Natick mass and it worked fine. They had three towels so for two nights I had no problem

aberwarn Silver

Here's the link to the program - you can check participating hotels at the bottom, right. Unfortunately, the hotel we stay at the most isn't on the list - wonder why certain hotels choose to participate....

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

This was actually my first time seeing this for a Marriott on our recent stay at a Springhill Suites at Dallas. Took some haggling since the staff was confused and thought I still needed housekeeping (got a note every day beneath my door) even though I told the frontdesk on day 1 we don't need housekeeping. I usually see this at Sheraton hotels in the past but great to see Marriott rolling this out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...