3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2016 3:50 PM by mrbmbrown RSS

Military rate question

dl9 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My husband is in the military and is an authorized user of my MR credit card. I was wondering if I can still take advantage of the military rate by booking under my rewards account and adding him in the guest info? We will be checking in together. Advice please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Military rate question
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My guess is that you can, so long as you have a military dependent id.  Nevertheless, I would run it by the hotel, rather than just assume.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Overseas military rates are not eligible for credit. If the stays are eligible for credit, you can include your husband on the reservation. I believe you will need to call Reservations to add the second name to your account.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

Hope this helps!

mrbmbrown Platinum

First, it depends entirely on the hotel (and frankly the front desk staff). I am government employee and often book the government rate at hotels, but am often never asked for my CAC.  It is a calculated risk, but one you could take. As for AndrewT, it is true that "certain" military rates are not eligible for credit, but you have to read the print carefully "

Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or elite night credit."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...