7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2016 5:33 AM by stelzer001 RSS

Platinum Amenity

agbcpa Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having reached 150 Marriott nights by the end of the month I have found pretty consistently that I do not get my 500 points for the welcome amenity - I usually have to chase the hotel management down and unless I say something never am I offered the required compensation for the hotel's omission of this.  Am I isolated in this (I doubt that) or is this becoming more and more common

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Amenity
    mrbmbrown Platinum

I can't speak to the "commonness" of this, but I have not had this issue. I am at 112 nights so far (to date) this year... I hope you find it helpful and that you find some satisfaction. One thing I can offer as an alternative. I am Diamond at Hyatt and if you aren't given your arrival points and you have to call after the fact, Hyatt gives you another 500 points as a bonus for the inconvenience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

williston Platinum

I Have had this problem frequently and even when I am asked for the amenity (I ask for points) they are often not credited. It has been a nightmare to get the points on my account.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I've only had problems a handful of times.  I think it depends on the property or properties you frequent.  Some are better than others. 

merman Platinum

I usually dont bother taking the points. Using Marriotts usually offshore, the amenities are a far better deal. Ranging from a bottle of decent white or red wine, to a couple of bottles of beer, cheese platters etc, the choices are pretty awesome. Far better than the 500 points i would otherwise make by spending about $35 (Plat 50% bonus included).

mustanggt Platinum

I always take the points, and once or twice per year I do not receive them.  A quick call usually resolves the problem, but I shouldn't have to chase them down.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I have the same issue, Plat bonus (500 point) don't post. Happened with a stay earlier this week. Called in to Plat line (again, seems to be the usually need) and said why do I need to keep calling to get my Plat bennie? Rep tells me its an IT issue, hotel codes it "wrong" or uses wrong designator, so they don't auto post. So I ask, if its a known issue:

1. seems like training is a problem

2. why can I invoke the $100 guarantee

Response, because you were offered the 500 points, we don't owe the $100. As for IT, we are working on an IT fix

Really???????? seems like they now have a line to feed us to ensure they never have to pay on the plat gift guarantee.

beaug Platinum

My stays at Marriott properties tend to be in Australia, Asia, Europe, and to a lesser extent, in the US.

I tend to always take the bonus points, and occasionally have issues with them not being credited. I find a quick, friendly email to the GM/Hotel Manager tends to have it resolved pretty quickly.

If I have time, I tend to enjoy the lounge for a couple of drinks then head out to find some local food- in my opinion, better than what is offered by way of amenity gift...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...