19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2016 4:58 PM by insertcoffee RSS

Personal Concierge

agbcpa Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Back in May MR sent out an email saying that they were starting a dedicated personal concierge program - being Platinum Premier I figured that I may be part of the beta test - so far I have not heard from anyone that is part of the beta test program - anyone out there know anything about this new benefit/program for MR members

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Personal Concierge
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Have heard nothing

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

I was invited, but chose not to participate at this time. I'm PP and LTP, and suspect you might be one or both too jerryl so I'd say see if you can contact elite line or CM's to get you in the program if you desire to try before it's rolled out.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks Dan

Platinum

Sure jerryl - I'm sure it's a great service. I just didn't like the t&c's - sort of like the offer of all of the free travel stuff they also asked me to take part in.

702rugbyref Platinum

Nada a peep. I do get it with HHonors as a Diamond member just last week.

Jsucool76 Gold

There has been some talk of it on FlyerTalk. It doesn't seem to have been tied to status because a lot of PPs and LTPs there reported not being included.

702rugbyref Platinum

this is disappointing news..let down in a way.

mrbmbrown Platinum

+1 for another LTP and current PP with no contact. Has anyone on here had any?

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Ditto and reward status and any outcomes.  However, I'm guessing it's like concierge services that come with a lot of credit cards, etc.  All you get is some help searching for things if you call a particular phone number.  Not necessarily useful in today's digital world.  But perhaps I'm wrong??

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

nothing for me, oh well, I am on my 75th night (and here it is July 10), so tomorrow I will have re qualified for Plat (even tho I am lifetime already). Guess the elite concierge must be so elite that only the POTUS gets it

Here's the announcement:

Elite concierge service
    An initial group of Elite members of Marriott Rewards will be invited to participate in a new Elite concierge service. By developing a relationship with the member, the concierge will be able to anticipate their unique needs, ensuring the member’s preferences are recognized and their desires are met before, during, and even after their stay. The concierge will be able to reserve on-property amenities like restaurants, spa treatments and golf, as well as make arrangements for special occasions. The service will launch in late May first for U.S. members of Marriott Rewards traveling worldwide and will continue to expand. Marriott Rewards will actively engage with this group of charter members and seek their feedback to refine the service.

Here's FAQ.  Pay particular attention to #2.  I'm guessing it will be primarily for folks who stay at the high-end hotels, vs. FFI, CY, SHS, etc.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. What is the Elite concierge service?
    A select group of Elite Marriott Rewards® members is participating in the new Elite concierge service. Each member has been paired with an Elite concierge who helps them enjoy a more seamless travel experience customized to their needs. By developing a relationship with the member, the Elite concierge anticipates the member’s unique needs, ensuring their preferences are recognized and desires are met before, during, and even after their stay.

2. How does an Elite member qualify to be in this Elite concierge service?
    Participation in the Elite concierge service is by invitation only. There are no direct qualifiers for entry into the program. We intentionally chose a diverse group of select members to participate in this initial program. These members are active participants in shaping program elements by providing feedback on the range of services currently provided, and those which may be added in the future.

3. How can I connect with my Elite concierge?
    Shortly after receiving an email informing their membership into this program, the member’s Elite concierge will reach out directly and exchange contact information.

4. What types of services can I expect from my Elite concierge?
         a. 1:1 access to a personal Marriott Rewards contact
         b. Assistance before, during and outside a stay with reserving on-property
              services like spa, restaurant and golf
         c. Scheduling ground transportation to and from the property
         d. Enhanced recognition on property

5. What should I do to ensure an optimal experience with the Elite concierge service?
         a. Be certain to keep your profile information and preferences updated
         b. Have an open, candid phone conversation with your Elite concierge about
              your preferences, interests and any other pertinent information you would
              like to share that would enhance your experience with Marriott®.

6. Will I receive Elite concierge recognition for every stay?
    Your Elite concierge will create a 1:1 personal relationship with you and will be able to identify which stays they can best assist with.

7. Will my Elite concierge be able to assist me globally?
    Although our Elite concierge team is initially located in the U.S., they will be able to help you anywhere your travels take you.

8. When can I call my Elite concierge?
    Once your Elite concierge makes initial contact with you, they will share contact information with you.

9. When will my Elite concierge service status expire?
    We will evaluate the program through the current Elite calendar year. Elite concierge membership will be assessed on an annual basis.

10. Will people traveling with me receive Elite concierge benefits as well?
    No, only the member will receive the benefits of this program. However, people traveling with the member can indirectly enjoy the benefits extended such as room upgrades and local amenities.

11. I am a member of both Marriott Rewards and SPG®, and already have an SPG Ambassador. Will I keep my SPG Ambassador or will I be assigned a new one?
    We don’t anticipate launching a newly combined program until 2018. Starwood has confirmed that your SPG Ambassador will continue to help you with all your travel needs when you are staying at participating SPG properties. As we begin to integrate the programs in the future, we will keep active Elite members informed around any changes that may occur within the concierge program.

12. I have more questions. Who should I call?
    For assistance with additional questions, please contact us:
    Marriott Rewards: 801-468-4000
    The Ritz-Carlton Rewards: 866-922-6882

agbcpa Platinum 5 Reviews

Actually that is why i posted it - i have not stayed at a property that was not a Autograph, JW Marriott, Marriott or a Reinensence in 5 years so all of my nights are actual stays at full service hotels all paid for - was surprised that i did not make the cut but since i have not heard anyone who made the cut i posted the question to get feedback

seatexan Platinum

I am still waiting on my call. I am patient...

How is the SPG Ambassador different than what Marriott is offering?  Anyone have SPG experience?

insertcoffee Platinum

I'm hopeful this service will be similar to what the SPG program is like-- kind of a combination personal fixer/arranger of good surprises and the keeper away of bad ones, travel helpmate, and wonderful perk for elites.

mustanggt Platinum

Heard nothing...

insertcoffee Platinum

I have heard about contact anecdotally when this was first rolled out for the initial  approach/introduction, but nothing since that time.

Platinum

insertcoffee It's a soft rollout with a beta approach so I doubt you'll hear more until they determine if they want to roll it out or discontinue. That's just my experience with these types of programs over the last 10 years and more.

insertcoffee Platinum

I agree entirely. It is my assumption that the weeping by suicidal SPG folks prompted this largesse along with a business wish for the easy wins achieving congruent popular items between programs.  I envision this playing out rather slowly and quietly, at least in the near (FY) term. I think just the announcement had a rather measurable effect in certain quarters, and unlike the 4PM checkout, can be worked on in relative opacity while still scoring points. It may be fully developed, or this may be the end of the road for this 'service.' I would love it, but we shall see.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...