6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2016 12:35 PM by superchief1 RSS

Robotic Front Desk

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have inserted a scan of an article from the Project Management Institute monthly magazine that describes a robot front desk. I found this quite interesting.

Robotic Hospitality.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Robotic Front Desk
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

My favorite part is the "Japanese-speaking humanoid and English-speaking dinosaur robot staff." I hope this is not a judgment on how evolved English speakers are.

I also like that the name of the place translates to "Strange Hotel." Truth in advertising, I guess.

Despite the humorous value, I agree, this is quite interesting.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

O M G !!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Very interesting pingreeman!!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

The trend is to get rid of people.  When no one has a job, who will have money to pay for what they are selling.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Robots are programmed so they would always offer you the platinum arrival gift!

superchief1 Platinum

I think I have recently encountered robot personnel when checking in to a few hotels, although robots would probably have offered friendlier greetings. I guess they would be best for enforcing the 'corporate policy brand standards'.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...