3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2016 7:08 AM by nationwide RSS

July 4th 2016 Website Outage

nationwide Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Did anyone ever get an explanation for the multiple-hours long outage on July 4th?  Insiders went down in the late afternoon/early evening as did the main Marriott website.  I was unable to make needed reservations.  I have yet to see an explanation for what happened, but wondered if this was scheduled maintenance etc.  Any insight is much appreciated.  Given the other IT issues of late, e.g. the lifetime points calculator, I am worried about the trend.

• Re: July 4th 2016 Website Outage
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi nationwide, I inquired about the outages on the site and was informed that there were some unexpected internet issues. Hope you were able to get all your reservations made. Let me know if you need help with anything!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

lindseyh Thanks for the reply and the offer to help.  I did get my reservations taken care of the next day.  It was frustrating not to know what was going on...  For the first hour plus of the outage, I just kept getting an error message (making me believe the issue was on my end).  It wasn't until later that we got a "Marriott.com is currently unavailable. Please call 1-888-236-2427 for immediate assistance or check back later" message.  My only request from a customer's vantage point would be for them (IT) to put out a message out sooner.  Thanks again for the explanation and the offer to assist.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

Our world is becoming dependent on IT to do things right but it sure is nice when IT does it right.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...