2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2016 8:59 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Rule changes on transferring/purchasing points?

psl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I just joined Marriott Insiders. Does transferring 50,000 points to a spouse this year prevent that spouse from purchasing an additional 50,000 points, for a total of 100,000 in a calendar year?  He is trying to achieve a hotel/air package and when I did this two years ago there were no such rules as long as the transfer recipient immediately purchased a particular award. I am confused by what appears to be new regulations, so I'll put this question out to the experts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rule changes on transferring/purchasing points?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Welcome to Insiders, PSL! I'm very excited to have you join our community of travelers. I'm one of the Community Managers of the site, along with carat, deannad and AndrewT, and am always here is you ever need help.

in regards to your question, the 50,000 point limitation for transferring and point purchases are separate. So 50,000 points can be transferred and another 50,000 points can be purchased on one account. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...