8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2016 8:18 AM by psudad RSS

Heading to Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre - any dining suggestions

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Going to Toronto shortly, for about a week.  Anyone familiar with the area and have any suggestions in the neighborhood?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Marriott Hotels & Resorts Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
  • Re: Heading to Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre - any dining suggestions
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I haven't been there but I stayed there twice about 10  and 15 years ago.  Very nice place with an excellent staff.  At that time they had a no tipping policy regarding the bell hops.  I don't remember specifics but the hotel recommendations wee excellent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Heading to Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre - any dining suggestions
    peymanagement Platinum

Nice hotel within 0 to 15 minute walk to pretty well everything.

Toronto has great theatre check out on mirvish.com

Baseball is in full flight, Rogers stadium is a short walk. the Aquarium is right there too.

I would dine down on the waterfront, at the bottom of bay st. (hotel is on bay st.) Not necessarily for the food but for the atmosphere.

Of course you are staying in a large mall and the prices are good with the low dollar right now.

The AGO and the museum are worth a look if you are into that sort of stuff.

If you are a smoker, you can not smoke anywhere and beware the smoking police. If you have a car park it in the hotel garage and leave it there. If you are flying take the UP express unless you have a lot of luggage, it is a five minute walk to the hotel.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Toronto Eaton Centre Marriott is one of my favorite properties.  There are lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The Pickle Barrel is a good choice and is a short walk from the hotel.

http://www.picklebarrel.ca/restaurant/location/yonge-dundas/

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Head down to the waterfront!  Harbourfront has some great restaurants and you can take a nice stroll in the area.  Head a bit east, and you'll hit the Distillery District.  The Gooderham and Worts Distillery was built on that site in 1832, and now it's a swanky area with shops, galleries, and restaurants in heritage buildings.  One of my favourites is the Mill Street Brew Pub.

Just had a great four night stay at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre.  Wonderful, recently refurbished room on the 16th floor.  Very nice new concierge lounge and buffet breakfast and excellent, helpful and friendly staff. 

Checked out Thursday, though, and the bill still hasn't hit my credit car, nor have the points and stay, hit my Rewards account.  Though I have called twice and been told both times they billed my credit card, no signs of it yet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...