4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2010 1:40 PM by kevbat RSS

Gold Elite Promotion Costs Rollover Nights

cpiece Gold
Currently Being Moderated

In October, I enrolled in a promotion stating I would receive an upgrade to Gold Elite if I stayed 10 nights between October and December 2009. I manged to stay the required 10 nights and finished the year with 47 total nights.

I never reached the 50 nights to get to Gold so now, I have zero rollover nights. Should I go back to Marriott and ask for the rollover nights to be applied (37) and drop the Gold status? I truley believe that I can not only get to Gold this year, but have a good chance at Platinum if I get the rollover nights back.

Yes, I probably did screw myself by enrolling in this promotion and I'm now kicking myself for doing it. Is there anybody out there that has run into the same situation as mine?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold Elite Promotion Costs Rollover Nights
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Gold status confers some privileges that Silver does not, including access to Concierge Lounges.  If this is important then I'd recommend staying with Gold Elite.  I am also not sure that the nights are recoverable, but that's a question for Marriott Rewards to tell you.  Have you called the Rewards Line to inquire?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

retired Platinum

I think gold status for two years is better then one year of silver and one at platinum bacause of the the access of the lounge for both years.

mikeraff Platinum

I agree, same thing happened to me.  I thought that since it was a "promotion" I would get gold status and still be able to rollover the nights that I had over silver status.  That logic is how other promotions have worked, but not in this case.  I got to rollover zero nights.  You really have to think these promotions out from all angles.

But I agree with other comments, two years gold is a better deal, it just caught me by suprize.

kevbat Platinum 1 Reviews

On Dec. 9th I got an Email from Bill Marriott thanking me for being a loyal customer. In return, it stated that I would have my Elite Nights rolled over for 2010. On Feb. 23rd, I e-mailed Marriott Rewards asking where my roll-over nights were (I had 43 nights in 2009). I got a response saying that since I had attained gold through the "Taste of Gold" promotion, where I stayed 10 nights between Oct 1st and Dec 31st, I was not eligible for the roll over “promotion”. I responded that nowhere in the email did it state that there were any terms or conditions nor was there even a mention that this was part of any other promotion. I insisted that it was a sincere, signed,  thank you note from the CEO for my loyalty to Marriott. I further felt that Marriott should stand behind the signature of their CEO and
    roll over my 43 elite nights. I got an email back saying that Marriott would agree to give me credit for 33 nights in 2010 (43 minus the 10 from my Silver level for 2009). Although I felt I should get all 43 nights, I accepted the 33. With the 15 nights for my Premier Visa, 10 more for spending $30K on the Visa for the year, and 10 more for the 3 stays promotion this Spring,  I will easily make Platinum for 2011 with a couple of short trips.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...