15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2016 8:04 AM by engneer RSS

Suggestions for Thanksgiving in Florida

engneer Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking to spend the four Thanksgiving days weekend in a nice hotel with my family. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a family oriented hotel that makes a special Thanksgiving dinner or buffet. Thanks and happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
  • Re: Suggestions for Thanksgiving in Florida
    j&c Platinum

We celebrated our 2013 Thanksgiving Day enjoying the Hollywood Beach Marriott Thanksgiving buffet - excellent.

During that weeklong vacation we flew into FLL and drove along the Atlantic coast visiting Key Largo (staying at the Key Largo Marriott, waterfront), Downtown Miami (staying at JW Marriott, city-view), Coconut Grove (non-Marriott), Key Biscayne Island (non-Marriott), Miami Beach (Miami Beach Courtyard South Beach, w/ocean view) and Hollywood Beach (non-Marriott). Late in October, 2014, we returned to the Florida east coast staying in Fort Lauderdale on the beach (at Marriott Vacation Club Beach Place Towers), north of Miami near the American Airlines Arena/Bayfront Park (at Downtown Miami Courtyard/Brickell), in Miami South Beach (at South Beach Courtyard) and south of Miami near Coconut Grove (at the Coconut Grove Courtyard, w/ocean view). Although we were only Silver Elite, each property treated us wonderfully, all provided an upgrade and many honored us with waterfront rooms. We wholeheartedly recommend any of these properties! C&J

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

engneer Gold

Thanks, I will look into the Hollywood Beach Marriott for Thanksgiving. I appreciate your comment.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

engneer, my favorite places in Florida are on opposite ends of the state:  Amelia Island near Jacksonville which has a fantastic Ritz-Carlton on the Atlantic Side on a beautiful beach, and the Naples-Marco area on the Gulf Side which has many great hotels, including a beautiful RC on the beach in Naples, and a Marriott (soon to be rebranded as a JW) on the Beach on Marco Island.  Amelia Island might be a bit chilly for swimming at Thanksgiving, so I'd recommend the Marco Marriott.  There are several restaurants on site and several within walking distance, and that particular Marriott goes all out for the holidays with decorations, special meals, special events, etc.  Make reservations now as this property will sell out over any holiday weekend. View from our room...2014-12-28 08.57.22.jpg

engneer Gold

Hi clebert,

We love the Marriott Marco Island, we spent three days about a month ago and then another three days at the Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina which was very nice as well but different style as the Marco Island. The view from your room is very familiar :-) thanks. I will consider Marco Island as well what I do not know is if they do have a special Thanksgiving buffet or dinner on site.

Thanks for your note and enjoy Marco Island!

Ask and ye shall receive!

engneer Gold

:-) there you go! amazing

Or this one is on site as well:

Or this one, so there are 3 to choose from (or at least there were last year)...

engneer Gold

You do have some resources! Thanks again impressive! LOL

I am the unofficial ambassador and reporter for all things Marco Island

engneer Gold

Ok that explains it! Great place to report from we have great memories from our stay there.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Except for wonderful waterfront dining on the patio overlooking the Bay you forgot to mention http://www.cjsonthebay.com/ for some nice lunch and dinner options before or after Thanksgiving Day.

IAHFLYR, I concur that CJ's is great.  Our favorite fancy place is Sale e Pepe in the Marco Beach Ocean Resort.  The prix fixe menu is excellent and very reasonably priced.

mrbmbrown Platinum

I like the Marco Island Marriott as well. (check our this post for unsolicited review Best Thanksgiving Ever! - Review of Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Marco Island, FL - TripAdvisor) not mine by the way.

But if you are seeking a beach vacation for the trip, how about a different thought:

How about the Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama?

Gulf Coast Luxury Resorts | Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa

Sometimes you need to think outside the peninsula!

engneer Gold

Thanks mrbmbrown,

This looks like a very good option. However we would like to stay a little closer to Miami. Nevertheless, I will consider your suggestion for another trip when we would either fly or have more time to drive there. I'm a motorcycle enthusiast so Miami - Clear Point hotel would be a great trip. I will keep that in my bucket list.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...