4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 6:11 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Charleston, SC - Bohemian or Renaissance????

richie_the_c Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Going to Charleston, SC in November and not sure which one to stay at?  Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charleston, SC
  • Re: Charleston, SC - Bohemian or Renaissance????
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Don't know if you received response to your earlier inquiry, or not, but here are few suggestions:

Renaissance, Bohemian and Courtyard are all in great locations for visiting downtown Charleston....

IMG_2617.jpg If you're not using Marriott reward points, the Charleston Place is also a favorite of many, and a bit more upscale than some of the other downtown hotels (my granddaughter and her friend outside backside entrance to hotel). There's parking in the rear of the hotel.

IMG_2611.jpg

As mentioned in previous post, we actually prefer to stay at Residence Inn, Isle of Palms, some 15 minutes from downtown Charleston, which affords less costs, along with access to beach and restaurants here and Sullivan's Island....

DSCN1853.jpg

Make sure you take the time to walk along the waterfront (Battery), down Church Street, and in the park to see some of the famous old houses ("South of Broad"....

DSCN1885.JPG

DSCN1892.JPG

DSCN1882.JPG

There are a number of fine restaurants in downtown Charleston - Hall's Chop House, Blossoms, Fleet's Landing...

DSCN0948.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Charleston, SC - Bohemian or Renaissance????
    joeyo38 Gold

I completely agree with the above post about staying at the Residence Inn near Isle of Palms. If you want to do beaches, it is right down the street. My wife and I lived in Charleston for two years and return at least once a year. We've stayed at 5 different Marriott's over the past 4 years and Residence Inn at IOP is our favorite.

That said, if you are just interested in seeing the downtown area, Grand Bohemian has the most central location. After a day or two of site-seeing, most of the other things you'll want to do you'll need to drive to: beaches, plantations, Shem Creek, Patriots Point, and of course Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island (a must!) You pay a premium price to stay downtown but you are almost better off staying off the peninsula and in Mount Pleasant.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...