8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2016 8:11 AM by nacho RSS

How do I review Marriott hotels at marriott.com?

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Had a really bad experience with a hotel and I normally get to write a review at marriott.com through their post stay survey. How do I review a hotel if there is no survey given?

TIA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I review Marriott hotels at marriott.com?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Would do it on trip advisor

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

I did but TA doesn't publish it - the hotel paid them to keep bad reviews from publishing.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Then post it here on Insiders.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

That's strange.  I've posted bad reviews on TA and they've all been published!  I do find it strange that TA would take graft to not publish bad reviews.  It would destroy their credibility,  There are very few establishments on TA that do not have any bad reviews.

I'm curious about how you know that TA was paid by the hotel!

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

TA is really dodgy, I used to write a lot real reviews as I can earn LH points. WOW, you know that they are when you are writing a lot of reviews - some hotels were paid to only publish good reviews and some hotels don't accept good reviews. You can google it, here's are some examples:

http://angieaway.com/2016/01/06/curious-case-disappearing-tripadvisor-reviews/

I just found out that there was someone writing about this property in 2014 and the breakfast was the same chaos and with the same money saving measures.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm surprised that TA could be paid off by a hotel?  Wouldn't that be against their own T&C's?  I've certainly written bad reviews - one with photo included - and TA published it.

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

Mine had the same photo I posted here - so far still pending. I think it will disappear eventually. I have written a bad review about another hotel a couple of years ago - that one was an average of 4.5 and no bad review with picture and it's down the drain too.

I have also written a bad review about Marriott Copenhagen and it was published. I think it's depending on the hotel has an agreement with TA -again why would TA do this for free? They have business packages that hotels can buy from them. At the same time they offer us to book hotel with them. It's a money machine. I'm not saying that I don't trust them, but when I do use them I go into the bad reviews first, then move onto the good ones.

TA is smart enough not to make it visible and just keep telling us that we don't follow the guideline. Of course it could be that their stupid computers are not good at screening reviews - but I seriously doubt that. My review on TA is very similar/almost identical to the one I left here - so let me know if you think there is any reason the review shouldn't be published on TA.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...