5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2016 2:56 PM by incredipete RSS

"No Platinum Override Available"?

incredipete Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm trying to book a hotel near my venue in Cincinnati and was told by the Platinum reservation line that the hotel was fully booked and there were no Platinum overrides available. I was under the impression that they always kept a couple of rooms for this purpose? Did they already give those rooms to other platinums, or is my concept of an override just wrong?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "No Platinum Override Available"?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Happy to look into this, incredipete. If you could please let me know the specific property you're looking at, that would be helpful. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

incredipete Platinum

This is the Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown / Rookwood.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

It is my understanding the rules say, "offer may not be available on certain dates, or events".  So if there is an event / convention in a city/ or a corporate buyout of a hotel.,  all bets are off.  You need to book elsewhere.  It has happened to me on many occasions. 

jl3549 Platinum

Same thing happened to me in Cincinnati during the MLB all star game last year.  I didn't push it since I was probably not going to be able to attend anways.

tommy123 Platinum

it happened to me a few times near the airport when my flight was cancelled. It seemed that they just told you they don't have room available and that is it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...