8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2016 1:23 PM by awoods91 RSS

Attack of Muslim Man at Avon, OH Fairfield

augustwest Member
Currently Being Moderated

I encourage the community to view the video of the Fairfield Inn in Avon, OH attacking a Muslim visitor.  He is very lucky not to be dead because of the uneducated, xenophobic delusions of Fairfield employees.  Are those employees still working for the Marriott organization?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Attack of Muslim Man at Avon, OH Fairfield
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The video does not show any employee of the hotel making the call,  The CNN report says that there was a "phone call from the Fairfield Inn & Suites lobby."  Lets not accuse the hotel without evidence about who made the call.

Obviously the treatment of this man is shameful, but let's not make accusations that are unsupportable.  Saying that it was employees that made the call, is not much better than the accusations in the call.

Both are examples of unsupported accusations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

awoods91 Platinum

mav Platinum

According to the article I read the clerk texted her father and sister that she was "terrified" because of his threats and dress. They in turn contacted the police who came in full swat gear. VERY sad incidence! 
      I hope Marriott Corp. gives him a very nice compensation. It is sad, however, the incompetence of of some people. If I was him I would be heading back to the Emirates when I got out of the hospital.

awoods91 Platinum

Alexis Silva also needs to be fired.  I hate to see people lose their job.  However this is definitely a fireable action.  The amount of bad press alone.

peymanagement Platinum

Does Marriott provide diversity training? There have been a few posts on here lately that one would think not, One just last week from a regular poster.

I don't believe this is an incident that could have been avoided by an eight hour diversity class.

This type of prejudice is usually handed down from parent to child.

Listen to the lyrics of the song "You''ve got to be carefully taught" from "South Pacific" - the truth of the lyrics had the Georgia legislature (1949( ban the show from being presented in the state.

awoods91 Platinum

She got the boot rightfully so.  I truly hope that she learns from this mistake to not judge and profile people based on looks.  Although I my fearis  she will blame this on all arabs and become a firmly entrenched bigot.  Only time will tell.

Her family members are the ones who really messed up in my book.  They fully deserve to be punished.  Now i'm not saying this necessitates jail time.  However, a fine and probation would be adequate punishment.

Hotel clerk fired, may face charges over false ISIS accusation - CBS News

Clerk who said man pledging allegiance to ISIS may face charges - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...