3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2016 3:32 AM by lukiekwan RSS

Double bonus points promo ?

lukiekwan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I have booked and stayed at Courtyard Bangkok under double bonus points promotion. With the rate I paid, it seems like I did not receive double points. Is there any way I can confirm whether I am getting the correct points ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Double bonus points promo ?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

You receive 10 points per dollar on the room rate at Courtyards. Your room rate was 2708THB which is about $75. You received 830 base points so it seems you also received points on your 270THB service charges too. 2978THB is about $83 so the base points seem OK.

How extra point rates are dealt with depends upon who is offering the rate. If its offered by corporate as a promotional cross-country rate then corporate will credit the points later, depending upon the terms and conditions that could be at the promo end many months later adding together all your stays in a single credit. If its a rate offered by the hotel then the hotel is responsible for fulfilment and typically that is done by a separate credit a dew days later. either way it is extremely unlikely the bonus points would post with the main transaction

This looks to me like a hotel offer so I'd wait a while and give the property a call next week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lukiekwan Platinum

Thanks for the suggestion !

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey lukiekwan, feel free to also send me a private message with your Rewards number and dates of your stay and our team can help look into this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...