5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2016 11:24 AM by tker RSS

7 Night Flight+Hotel Packages

kendall.moore Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Friends,

I'll be cashing in some of my points for a 7 Night + Flight package (probably category 7/8/9, if it's relevant somehow).  What I want to know is how likely it is that I'll get my platinum upgrade at whatever place I'll go.  My current thought would be maybe the JW Guanacaste or Kaua'i Marriott Resort, but haven't landed on a specific destination yet.

Does anyone have experience with getting upgraded using one of these packages? I'd appreciate any input.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 7 Night Flight+Hotel Packages
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've never found upgrades to be dependent upon how I pay for my room so I doubt that it will be a factor.

If you travel when business is slow upgrades are likely.  Go when the hotel is busy and it's not likely!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I see this question is "not answered". It will stay that way because its impossible to answer.    I will say that paying with cash or MR points (same as a travel package certificate) won't matter. What does matter is time of year-demand at the hotel etc. Staying 7 nights will work against you at any hotel because the longer the stay, the less likely an upgraded room is available the entire stay.

However, I will say your choice of the JW Guanacaste is a good one. They have a lot of upgraded rooms. We were there in Feb. (HIGH season) for five nights. Booked two lowest category rooms on points. Both upgraded to Ocean Front. Excellent dining and beautiful sunsets. Our last 2 days, there was a troop of monkeys in the trees next to the pool. Great fun. We had an exceptional time. If you are able, I would add a few nights at the Autograph hotel Punta Islita. About 2 hours away. Just an amazing property. Rates include ALL activities. Zip lining-just everything.

kendall.moore Platinum

Well, even if there is "No Answer" that is technically correct, I still appreciate the insight .

Thanks!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IM with tker here, this is just about impossible to answer, but I've redeemed 7 night Cert, 5-for-4 and less than 5 nights. Likewise I've stayed at Marriotts on paid vacations from 1-10 nights. I find I'm mostly upgraded, though seldom to suites. Paid, cert, redemption, cheapo LNF, whatever doesn't seem to have any impact. I guess the best way to answer this is that your upgrade chances will be vastly improved if the hotel is empty and has very few standard rooms.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...