6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2016 5:40 PM by robfrederick316 RSS

Help with complaint - customer care not helping

robfrederick316 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently had a bad experience with my family at a resort in SC For a stay on points.  Went to customer care to ask for points refunded but they are giving me the run around.  Only offering a very small fraction.  I think the customer care rep I got is unwilling to help me. Anyone have better luck with another route?  This is the first time that Marriott has treated me this way.  I spend approx $25k per year on business and personal travel, not sure why they are giving a loyal platinum member such a hard time over a points refund for a bad stay due to very poor customer service.  Any advice out there?  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help with complaint - customer care not helping
    Jsucool76 Gold

I think specifics about the situation that caused your unhappiness are key, if you're willing to share them. No one can help if we don't know what happened.

A full refund for a stay is a pretty big ask, unless something extremely serious happened. Which it may have, but like I said...we don't know.

Hope your situation is able to be resolved to your satisfaction!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

robfrederick316 Platinum

TTwo things really. Cockroach in room that was left unaddressed and resort not showing up with agreed upon golf cart to transport my disabled parents from their villa.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yeah, if the hotel doesn't address that cockroach how can it be mailed to you... Sorry, couldn't resist!!

I have to say that cockroaches in hotel rooms are a pretty standard problem in hot areas. I don't see any reason for compensating that, now several in the room is indicative of a larger issue which may well be deserving of compensation. A single roach, while icky, is an irritant...

As for the golf cart, whilst I can see that failing to deliver on a promised cart is annoying, unless you paid for it, or it was part of the booking process (ie you made it clear at the time of reservation that the service was ESSENTIAL to your stay and the hotel agreed in writing to provide it at will) then I'm afraid I just see it's non-delivery as another irritant...

Together I'd say they represent minor flaws so a few thousand points or a free meal should represent sufficient compensation here and that seems to have been offered.

robfrederick316 Platinum

SSpent $600 in two days on food/beverage. Not asking for any money refunded. just the  points so I can use toward a stay hat is at a satisfactory level.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. I've just sent you a direct message; happy to assist you from there.

Thank you

robfrederick316 Platinum

nice joke.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...