9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2016 1:07 PM by j&c RSS

Platinum Elite rewards

loyalbastet Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are traveling to a Courtyard in Livonia next month, and I was wondering about the possibility of receiving a room upgrade, along with other rewards. This is the first time I will be staying at a Marriott as a platinum member, so I don't know what I should expect.

like I said above, the big one is a room upgrade. I was reading into the T&C, and it said that Suites are available, but only to Platinum Members. is that true? And how do I go about asking for an upgrade?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Livonia Marriott
  • Re: Platinum Elite rewards
    2puravida Platinum

Hi Loyal...

We have stayed numerous times at the Courtyard and Fairfield Livonia. We are Platinum and have always received some type of upgrade, as was available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Rewards are based on availability. You will get arrival gift points. Aside from that, Courtyards offer the least of any brands to Plat. No breakfast. No nothing. I generally avoid them.

monisame Platinum

I generally avoid them too. No breakfast for members. Few times in ones I have always have to   ask for un upgrade. .

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've never gotten an upgrade at a CY.  I rarely stay at CY since becoming Platinum.  If I stay at one, it means that there are no other Marriott options available in the area.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Some CY properties do have suites, but it is far from common. I once got upgraded to a "Presidential Suite" at the CY in Benton Harbor, MI. It was nicer than some suites I've seen at full service properties. I do think that tends to be the exception. For those CY properties that do have suites, it is possible to get an upgrade, assuming the rooms are not already booked. As for who is eligible for upgrades, it's Gold or Platinum elites. My upgrade in Benton Harbor happened when I was Gold.

The best way to get an upgrade is to ask at check-in. I found that saying "I'd love an upgraded room if one is available" or some variation of that usually works. Don't forget that an upgrade could just be a room on a higher floor or one with a better view. And upgrades are always subject to availability. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you just reached Platinum for the first time.

At CY, you will get 400 points and either a free coffee from the Bistro or an item from the marketplace as your Platinum Arrival Gift. Beyond that, Platinum benefits at the CY brand are almost nonexistent.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I've actually received a few suite upgrades at CY's.  Come to think of it, it's happened at CY's where I have had repeated stays.  I believe that every CY that I have ever stayed at has had suites, though I don't know if that means that all CY's have suites.  Call the hotel now and simply ask if they have suites on their property.  Then you'll know whether or not it's even a possibility.  As has been mentioned, suite upgrades at any Marriott brand depend upon availability, and your best option would be to reach out to the hotel when your stay approaches and politely let them know your wishes.  They likely won't guarantee in advance that they can meet your request, but at least it gives them a heads up.  If you do mobile check-in, you can make your request via the app as well, and of course chat them up when you arrive.  So much depends on both availability and the property itself, how willing they are to upgrade, and what criteria they use (from reading a number of related posts, some properties apparently don't adhere entirely to Marriott's playbook and shame on them.)

pilam76 Platinum

I actually get upgraded often at a CY to a bigger room and on occasion get upgraded to a suite. Best thing to do a week before your reservation, call the hotel, get GM email address and fire away! Word of warning and this should be obvious, ask nicely. Don't throw your weight around.

pilam76 Platinum

At a CY - as a platinum member I always get upgraded to a larger room with a couch, etc. Getting a suite is tougher so I would email GM in advance and ask.

j&c Platinum

Why Courtyard?

We love staying at the full service Marriott next door. Wonderful staff, rooms, pool. Complimentary morning coffee in the lobby. Excellent free weekend breakfast buffet for Gold/Plat's in their restaurant - Sweet Lorraine's - truly sweet! We usually have dinner/drinks there as well. Haven't been in their concierge lounge, yet. Attached to the mall and an amazing movie theater with barcalounger reclining seats. Wonderful restaurants in mall including Bar Louis. Great AAA rates. C

Location Brand Hotel
    Livonia Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...