1 2 3 23 Previous Next 340 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2016 1:29 PM by iahflyr RSS

THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE... and the Saturday @3pm sneak-peak

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yes, folks, in the interests of preventing global warming I've been recycling this thread for 2 months now... hey why let a good thread die?

This is the final change to this Register thread and now serves as a list of all those who attended...

Thank you all for making TIPPLE the greatest Insider event ever...

01. bejacob

02. brightlybob

03. IAHFLYR

04. IAH MrsFLYR

05. jerrycoin

06. jerryl

07. pluto77

08. gm1

09. nationwide

10. nationwideMRS

11. SeaTexan

12. fistuk

13. erc

14. Jsucool76

15.  painedplatinum

16. tef6178

17. navysafeJoyce

18. navysafeKenny

19. razorbackfan

20. bikinchris

21. kohlerclan

22. kohlerclanMRS

23. NathalieF

24. Jasmine Huffman - Director of Digital Loyalty Community

25. Thom Kozik - Marriott Rewards Head Honcho

But this last pre-tipple recycling has an extra use... to make you all aware of Marriotts top secret sneak peak that will be revealed here, at the JW Marriott Houston, exclusively to our gathering at 3pm Saturday 17th September. Be like a millennial - in the know, up to date, and not at all square! And don't forget the equally important Marriott-hosted Tipple Reception at 7:00pm... arrive hungry, and thirsty!

I'm here at the JW Marriott Houston right now enjoying a Pre-TIPPLE.

Can't wait for you all to join me... mmmmmm TIPPLE

Wouldn't you know it and doesn't time fly? Why boys and girls, when I posted this thread I was warning that there was only 2 months to our TIPPLE. I've updated the countdown through as the date approached and now folks ITS THIS WEEKEND... YES THIS WEEKEND IS TIPPLE. Although our special reduced rate rooms are now gone and proper JW pricing structure has resumed (right now that weekend is $190/nt) both the walking distance Downtown Courtyard and Springhill Suites are currently offering $90 rooms.

So, who is asking when or what our TIPPLE is? Yes I'm aware you know phctourist but you've got a doctors note, and yes, wesleywc I'm well aware the dog ate yours!  To those of you asking those questions, well as to the when we'll all be meeting up on Friday 16th September and Saturday 17th September, some are going just for Saturday, but most are both nights. And as for the what, well, hold on...  just where have you been living this last year? Well, let me list those that do know what TIPPLE is because these people are going - up to date to 12th September 2016

But if any of you on this list have changed your mind, although it will make me cry, please do tell me so I can keep the list up to date, likewise anyone who is planning to attend will make me very happy if I'm told so like razorbackfan I can add you to the list. If anyone is bringing their wife. Husband or significant other please advise so I can keep numbers up to date. This isn't a record of how many rooms will be used, just the number Marriott can expect to cater for, so please do keep me updated.

Remember you need to book your room yourself at our special rate here Group Corporate Travel Booking Page

Now if anyone is asking where? Well, to Houston, where we've arranged a great $119 per night rate at the JW Marriott Downtown, here...

image.jpg

Note not the JW Marriott Galleria, SeaTexan if you want to shop you'll have to get in your car, or how about the bus? If you want to TIPPLE however, no need for a car - indeed a car is most inadvisable when TIPPLE-ing - for the JW has it's own excellent bar and many others within walking/staggering/crawling distance. Not that this is going to be all about beer, as bejacob would say. No it's going to be about wine, scotch and Gin too! Allegedly we might even talk about travel, well pluto77 might, or travel credit cards with our resident cardsharp Jsucool76 or airgeekery with IAHFLYR or perhaps get some tips to bag a Marriott bargain using the LNF program with our money-saving expert fistuk or simply anything Americo-British (no Brexit please) with me!

image.jpg

Now you may notice from the list that a certain classification of regulars on this board didnt featre for a long time, and I called out the MODS

image.jpg

No, not those Mods, this is TIPPLE, not Quadrophenia, so c'mon guys, well all girls actually

image.jpeg

Other than Andy who is (mercifully) missing from this lovely image

With Marriott providing some drinks and munchies on Saturday night I was rather hoping we're going to be treated to the presence of as many of our wonderful mods as possible, NathalieF carat lindseyh and deannad  and you too AndrewT but only Nat has managed to make it, but in a surprise move we are seeing 2 of Marriotts big-wigs turn up, the director of Digital Loyalty and the Head Honcho of Marriott Rewards, so we do need to bring our enquiringly minds as well as the beer. And I'm sure theyll all appreciate a nice can of IrnBru to share...

image.jpg

Now to the agenda... Well there isn't one, but this is mine... Join in if you want!

Thursday 15th - arrive evening and to exec lounge (hooray) then bar (woohoo)

Friday 16th - Breakfast then work (boo!) then exec lounge with Friday TIPPLERS then bar (woohoo)

Saturday 17th - Breakfast then bar (woohoo) then Marriott exclusive 3pm preview, *then* (as if all that's not enough) Marriott reception in Exec lounge (HOORAY) then bar (woohoo)

Sunday 18th - Breakfast then bar (woohoo) then go County Collecting - yeehaw!

Yes, unless youve not been listening these last 6 months, there really isn't an agenda... Other than (a) Marriott provided cocktail reception and (b) Buy brightlybob and bejacob a drink event... But he doesn't want his so I'll drink it for him - the sacrifices I make to ensure there's some sort of agenda, eh? And in case you don't know who I am hopefully this will help you recognise me:

image.jpg

Alms Ale for the impoverished Brexit-Bankrupted-Brit and his incredible shrinking pound!

And one final thought worthy of repeating, TIPPLE starts TOMORROW

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston Downtown
  • 1. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Very nice brightlybob.

I'll be joining the fun Friday afternoon/evening. It looks like we have quite the Rogue's Gallery.

Anyone who hasn't reserved the Insider rate at the JW, please check out Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Hotel Change for Sept 16-17, 2016 Insider Gathering (TIPPLE) for details on how to book. Don't forget you've got until  August 17 to secure the $119 rate.

If you're not on the list and plan to join us, please comment on this post or find some way to let brightlybob or bejacob know. We want to give Marriott an approximate count for the reception they are graciously hosting for us on Saturday night.

See you there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    seatexan Platinum

LOL!!!! yay so excited! I know I have been MIA! but I still lurk! I'm all signed up and my room is booked!

Yes yes, I shall take my car to the galleria and uptown in general along with pluto77 and anyone else that needs a ride .

• 3. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Bob  maybe Chuck  will bring the dog. And i agree we needs at least one or two Mods

• 4. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room

Sorry if those mentioned have ended up with this thread so many times but I've dropped my iPad Air and so had to revert to my old iPad2 and it's really struggling. That's leading to lost pages, deleted photos and an hourlong battle to upload!

• 5. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

BTW. Anyone on the list who is no longer planning to attend, please speak up. I think it's fair to say that brightlybob won't have a problem removing your name, though we'll be sad to learn you won't be joining us. Brightlybob will have a drink to drown his sorrows.

Anyone not on the list who wants to attend, speak up. He'll get you added. Brightlybob will toast your excellent decision. Cheers!

• 6. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

A smashing good thread Cowboy brightlybob (yes I just knighted you in Texas)!!!!!

You did miss one beverage of choice for us who want something clear.....VODKA.

• 7. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

brightlybob  Please change me from the "maybe" list to the "confirmed" list.  Mr. razorbackfan, aka bikin chris, will also be in attendance.  Can't wait!

• 8. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room

How wonderful, razorbackfan so I've added you to the list and bikinchris too. See you there!

• 9. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room

Awesome addition to have you both attend razorbackfan!

• 10. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

What an impressive list of people who I would really like to meet however I will be in Sedona during that time.  Too bad for me.  I will be there in spirit.  Does that count?  I give you credit for getting this started and hope that all do show.

• 11. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    Jsucool76 Gold

Just letting everyone know, even if you don't want to talk about credit cards, I'll just talk enough for all of us.

Might make use of some of my AA gift cards from the Amex plat for my ticket, and will likely fly into IAH to try out the new centurion lounge.

If anyone else is flying into/out of IAH and doesn't have access let me know. If we're leaving the same day I'd be happy to guest you in.

Just a heads up, I should be arriving at IAH at ~5:30PM on Friday the 16th, and I depart at ~3:30PM on the 18th.

If anyone has overlapping times with me, let me know. I can do 2 guests into the centurion lounge, 2 guests into the air france lounge, and 2 guests into the KLM crown lounge. I will likely be doing a bit of lounge hopping just to check them out.

• 12. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    nationwide Platinum

@brightlybob and bejacob Thanks gentlemen for all the "work" in coordinating this sure to be legendary event!  I am looking forward to getting to spend time with everyone!  We are confirmed (my wife is joining me)!     Let the good times roll (flow)! 

• 13. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room
    Jsucool76 Gold

Just got my ticket. $32 round trip.

• 14. Re: THE TIPPLE REGISTER IS HERE - and last 50 days to reserve your room

For those of you flying into/out of IAH I'd take Jsucool76 up on the offer as the Centurion Lounges are just wonderful. Here are a few photos I took at the DFW Centurion Lounge of some of the lunch offerings as well as a quick jaunt up north. 

IAH-DFW-IAH In A Day

The IAH Lounge is located in Terminal D inside security, but not problem at all getting from any other terminal using the Skyway above people mover.  Terminal E you are able to walk into Terminal D in about 10 minutes from the farthest point in E.

Houston Intercontinental

I was in the airport last Thursday and could not get into the Lounge as it did not officially open until Friday I'm told.    But fear not will be flying soon enough to enjoy the benefits of the place.

1 2 3 23 Previous Next