8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2017 3:42 PM by seatexan RSS

NYC-thoughts on the new Renissance Midtown?

luckymefl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Breakfast offered to elite?  size of the rooms?  anyone stayed in a room with a terrace?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Lexington, NYC
  • Re: NYC-thoughts on the new Renissance Midtown?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Checking on your question around breakfast, luckymefl. Interested to hear what others have to share about this property!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi luckymefl,

We checked and found out that the Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast. There is room service from 5:00AM - 10:00AM. Here is the hotel's direct number if you need further assistance or answers to your other questions: 212-239-0014.

Thanks!

gjodieg Platinum

I was under the impression they offered breakfast in the concierge lounge? I am staying here in December and the reviews on Tripadvisor do say breakfast.

Jsucool76 Gold

They do offer breakfast in the lounge according to FT. I've heard there is limited to no hot options though. breads, cereals, coffee, fruit. I'll be up there (hopefully) in Oct and am considering changing to essex house, however, for the points difference i might as well go out and get breakfast. We'll see what happens.

luckymefl Gold

Anyone have any more experience with this hotel.  Room recommendations?  I heard they have some rooms with a terrace on the 8th floor.  Anyone stay in those and is it better than staying on a much higher floor?

thanks, LMF

seatexan Platinum

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/188554#188554

The first part of this thread is about the M-Club at the East side, but right under that I talk about the lounge for the Ren Midtown.  I really did enjoy that hotel.  The rooms were small.  No room for a dresser...and the "desk" was laughable.  But I really didn't stay in the room much.  The location is FANTASTIC!!!! And the subway is steps away.

This is my review on TripAdvisor:

Let me start by saying this hotel is what I would call mainly for couples or singles due to the design of the rooms.

The bathroom design is poor when it comes to privacy. The main shower wall and bathroom doors (zero sound proofing) are frosted glass. You can see the person showering, not in great detail mind you, but enough... I added a photo.

That being said, I REALLY loved my stay here.

Check in was easy. Michelle C. was wonderful. She noticed my room was not feather free and quickly corrected that. She also showed us how the elevators worked. Just place your card on the pad and it tells you which elev. will open up for you. It is a very cool and modern hotel.

Our luggage was lost on our flight and we were expecting it that day. We decided to go out for a bit and Michelle assured us that she would have it taken care of. When we got back a few hours later our luggage was in our room. EXCELLENT!

The location is absolutely superb. It is very close to the subway. The lobby is well appointed with lounge seating and a bar. I suggest you speak to the "Navigator" if you want to know come fun spots to hit up.

Colt the bartender down at Reilly's restaurant makes some really good drinks and he is also entertaining. We had a great time. The rooftop bar opens up on a good night. It's amazing!

Getting a taxi was not an issue as we had the guys down stairs get them for us. They run to the main street and grab them for you (tip them, they do a great job). I loved that it was not RIGHT on a busy street. So you don't walk out into traffic.

Marriott Reward Gold and Platinum members - There is an M-Club. This is open 24/7 for water and juices. They do not serve breakfast in the morning or appetizers in the evenings on weekends. This is a STANDARD practice at MOST Marriott properties. Due to this, you are entitled points or a breakfast voucher at the restaurant down stairs.

I did show up a little late to the M-Club one morning and they had pretty much picked it all up. Disappointed but if breakfast ends at 9:30 they mean it! It's cleaned up. I don't think they should start picking up until 9:30.

I went for breakfast down at Rock & Reilly's. This was not up to Marriott standard when it came to service. The people next to me were almost in a panic b/c they had been there so long and they had a train to catch. It took over 20 min for their food to show up. More, but I had only been there 20 and they had already placed the order. In that time I was only checked on once. I got coffee and when my husband came down I decided we should go eat elsewhere as things were taking too long. We tried the next morning and ordered toast, 15 min. No one was even there for them to be busy with.

Room wise, I think they are a decent size for New York. They do not have a dresser which was kind of a shame so my husband and I lived out out of our suitcases. Not sure where they would even put one. They do have a fridge and a coffee/tea maker. The bed was VERY comfortable.

Skyline view room is AMAZING!

Over all great property, wonderful people!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d8541913-r394656933-Renaissance_New_York_Midtown_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html#

I hope this helps you luckymefl

luckymefl Gold

This property was AMAZING! the location could not be better.  the staff was so incredible.   We were upgraded to a room with a terrace!  A terrace in NYC.. amazing.  the M lounge was open on weekdays and was really reat.  right off the lobby.  they even had chicken and waffles on morning.  we were given a choice of points or vouchers for breakfast on the weekend.  we took the breakfast and went on Saturday.  it was not great.  kinda blah, so i gave them back the vouchers and took the points for Sunday.  They accommodated that just fine.  I cant wait to come back to this property again!

seatexan Platinum

A terrace!!! Jack pot! That is wonderful! Did you take pics?

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.  It really is a wonderful hotel.  I didn't enjoy breakfast in the restaurant.  We actually didn't even get to order b/c they were sooo sloooow.  Points were a better deal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...