3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2016 9:04 PM by wbwest RSS

Atlantis - Beware when booking!

wbwest Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a week long trip (two weeks ago) on the Atlantis website. I am traveling there in July.   I am a Platinum Elite member.  I used my Chase credit card that is tied to my rewards account.  For 10 days I have been trying to get an answer on why my trip is not showing up under my rewards account when I log in.  I finally called the Elite line that shows on the back of my credit card.  Apparently, you must go to the Marriott website to book versus booking through the Atlantis website.  I asked why....aren't Atlantis and Marriott linked now??  The Elite line said they are just as baffled as I am but they've been told it must be booked through Marriott (again - Atlantis is now Marriott).  Ironically - I've never had an issue getting credit for booking a Ritz stay on the Marriott site.

What does this mean for me?  I get no credit for the stay.  Ritz is running a promotion - I get no points for the promo.  I get no guaranteed late check out.  I get no potential upgrade.  I get NOTHING. 

• Re: Atlantis - Beware when booking!
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi wbwest,

Another member had a similar experience recently, where I provided some assistance. That thread can be found here: Re: Atlantis Earning nights and reservation process

Please let us know once you have called the Atlantis Customer Care or Luxury Care desk if your booking will receive credit, or if you still have questions, please feel free to send me a private message with your Rewards number, reservation number and any additional details so we can work further with our team.

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wbwest Platinum

I think that worked!  I called the Customer Care line and spoke with Diana (who was VERY helpful).  She said that my reservation has my rewards number attached and that they are trying to link the two.  Apparently it has been an issue on their end.  We will see once I check in.  Thanks for your help!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wbwest Platinum

DDeanna- I just received an email from Marriott which is quite contrary to what I was told when I called the number you gave me. Marriot is saying I do not get credit for my nights.  He said I needed to book via Marriott and not Atlantis (again - isn't Atlantis owned by Marriott??).  In any event, booking through Marriott was more expensive.   I am pretty disappointed and it puts a cloud over my very expensive vacation. Unfortunately every trip I've booked through the Ritz or Marriott and now Atlantis has been proceeded by weeks of phone calls and emails trying to track down benefits promised to members.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...