13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2016 12:02 PM by AndrewT RSS

how many marriott points in ritz ?

falcon71 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all

if i stay at a Ritz carlton the room rate is $250 night with a $50 credit per night

do i get 2.500 points or 2.000 points per night ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: how many marriott points in ritz ?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

You will get 2000 points (plus any bonus if you have elite status). We stay at the Ritz Tysons often. They have a package that includes a $100 credit. The credit comes off as an itemized line within the folio. This reduces the total paid and the points. I think it should be considered as a "form of payment" and 2500 points earned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

falcon71 Platinum

thanks for your answer

I got 2.000 points but i think i should get 2.500

on my folio it says room rate $250 and it says in the earn section superclear 10 points per dollar on room rate

if i got $250 credit how many points do i get, zero ?

Exactly! But the free stay would have been nice.

I tried to push back on this unsuccessfully. It was a 1500 point swing for me. 1000 for the 100 credit plus 500 plat bonus points. No luck!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks tker for your spot on insight!  When applying a credit to the room, you are in essence reducing the nightly rate.  Members will only receive points on the rate that they pay. 

falcon71 Platinum

its nowhere to find that room-credit will be taking of the total of a room-rate ?

from terms

2) Charges that do not qualify for Points include taxes applied to the room rate, purchase of Marriott gift certificates or gift cards, purchase of The Ritz-Carlton gift certificates or gift cards, charges for third party-provided goods and services at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels, and catering or banquet functions charged to the guest room account.

so if i had $250 credit on i one night stay, dont use the credit -  the result will be that i get Zero points ? - maybe you should write i somewere ?

for me its superclear 10 points per dollar on the room-rate

In general a package that includes a nightly (or stay) credit, the credit cannot apply to room rate. The credit will apply to eligible room charges-food etc. If you don't have any of those, you lose the credit. (Or you would normally lose the credit.) Most terms specifically say "Credit cannot be applied to room rate" So, Im not sure I would say the room rate is reduced. In my cases, I have seen room charges removed and therefore points earned reduced.

falcon71 Platinum

is it more tings that take away points from the room rate ?

I also had

* valet parking

* Breakfast

* Kidz club

* free Golf

* Yoga pass

*  % in the shop

* shuttle to the beach

and so on

please up-date me marriott  - don´t understand

luckymefl Gold

but the credit also usually say that it can't be applied to the room charge ( i.e. $25 resort credit at the JW grande lakes).  Does that reduce the points you get also?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi all - I have misread your original request.  There are different types of credits and if it is specifically a credit towards the room rate itself, it would be deducted from the earnings.  But if this is just a dollar amount applied to the bill, it may not be.  I'd like to look into this a little bit more for you all to clear up any confusion.  Would you mind letting me know sending me additional details about the credit you've mentioned?  

luckymefl Gold

thanks for the reply.  I think I understand.  I am speaking of a resort credit offered.  Specifically at the JW Grande Lakes orlando that gives a $25 credit.  This is not what the original question is referring to. so the $209 rate with the $25 credit will still give 2090 puts, right?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

You would still receive the full 2,090 points for the room rate, but any points that you would have received for food & beverages, etc., would be deducted.

We were able to locate the rate at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes that included the $25 resort credit.  It is a credit to be used for things like food & beverages, etc.  Since it would not be a credit toward the room rate, it would not deduct any points from that portion of the earnings.  However, since it is a JW Marriott location, where you would normally receive points for their incidental charges, you would not receive points for whichever charges you applied the credit toward.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

falcon71 Platinum

hello Carat , there is not so much more additional info more than that i got the credit amount reduced from my points and im dont think that is OK when its says that i will get 10 points per dollar on the room rate

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey falcon71! Could you please send me a private message with your Rewards number and the date of your stay? This will help us look into this for you.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...