5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2016 2:50 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

EU Clears Marriott-Starwood Merger

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well here's some good news.

EU clears Marriott's purchase of Starwood Hotels - Business Insiders

One step closer. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: EU Clears Marriott-Starwood Merger
    droma Platinum

Good news!  Is it just China & India left now?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It might just be China. I recall seeing an interview with Arne Sorenson where he indicated three approvals pending. One was Europe. I don't recall if the US had signed off at that time, so that might have been one of two. There is at least one more (maybe 2) anti-trust approval(s) still to come. Then there are a couple of exclusivity agreements in NYC that will need to be sorted out. Still several things that need to happen.

In any case, things are moving in the right direction.

droma Platinum

It looks like Saudi & Mexico followed suit over the weekend.  One more to go!  Does anyone know when China is expected to approve?

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Knew that the EU and US had to approve mergers but didn't realize half the world did also

702rugbyref Platinum

My chats with some Marriott employees this past week in Shanghai, they are pretty enthusiastic about the merger.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...