6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2016 11:06 AM by phctourist RSS

Robo calls???

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I usually don't spout off when I get angry. Time for an exception.

Dear Marriott Insiders. Talk to your boss. I just got a robo-call from Marriott on my cell phone. It's on the no call list and I've never given you permission to call me. Do it again and you lose a Lifetime Platinum customer.

I didn't buy a phone in order to provide you with a marketing platform. STOP IT!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Robo calls???
    Platinum

Wow - I hate automated calls from just about anyone, but if you really pulled your business from them over one incident, that'd take the cake. Agreed that because I am a loyal customer, doesn't mean I want to join your marketing team!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh no! Do you mind sending me a private message with the phone number that called your, @john_thai, along with the phone number that you received the call on? I'd like to see if we can stop these calls for you.

allleisure Platinum

I, too, recently received a robo call purportedly from Marriott. I terminated the call when I recognized the phone number to be one assigned to a cellphone provider.  Phone companies are assigned blocks of phone numbers. This number sequence (323-793-xxxx) is assigned to Verizion Wireless, my carrier and coincidentally is in the same sequence as my cellphone (323-793-xxxx).  With today's technology, it is very easy to spoof a phone number.

The voice sounded a lot like "Lisa" from the Credit Card Services scam.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing these calls to our attention. We understand the inconvenience and frustration of receiving these calls. Please visit the link below for a series of related Corporate Statements on the Marriot site News Center.

http://news.marriott.com/search/corporate-statements/

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

According to the site it's likely the call didn't come from Marriott. My apologies for yelling at you. At least I didn't post the same words I used on the telephone.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I assume that Robo calls are never on the up-and-up and that they all come from thieves.  Therefore, I would never blame Marriott just because some crook claims he is calling from Marriott.

I have found that Marriott, whether I like a policy. or not, is an honest corporation and would never do anything that is intentionally dishonest.

I assume the opposite of all Robo -callers!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...