1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2016 1:51 PM by carat RSS

Marriott removing points for stay 10 months after stay

dgordon Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In July 2015, I enjoyed a five night stay at the Paris Opera Ambassador Hotel.  I had made the reservation in December 2014 at which time they removed the points from my account.  This month June 2016), 10 months after the stay, I received notification that they had removed the points from my account (again) as they said the hotel did not have a 4NC8 (award) certificate on file.

I have questioned this as "highly suspicious" as no hotel would allow me to check in if I had not paid or they had an award certificate on file.  They would certainly not wait 10 months to later take the points from my account.  And it is Marriott's practice to remove points when you make the stay - not upon check-in.

I am unable to check my points history online, as you are only given access to one year.  My four requests to Marriott to see a breakdown of the points have gone ignored (including to Justine Cressonnier at The Paris Marriott;  Sherry Harmon of Marriott Customer Care and Mr. Arne Sorenson - President and Chief Executive Officer of Marriott International).

I am a Marriott Platinum member and am quite surprised by their suspicious behavior towards of one of their loyal and highest-spending customers.

Any advice?

Darryl Gordon

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott removing points for stay 10 months after stay
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Daryl.  Sounds like quite the frustrating experience.  I'd like to see if I can help and have sent a direct message for additional details.  Talk soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...