6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2016 12:06 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

What are they doing to the webpage?

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I logged on tonight to search for possible hotels for upcoming trips.  For some reason, when I enter a city (Dallas)  or an airport,(DFW) I get all the hotels in Texas--- even though I clearly specified Dallas or DFW.  The output is different as well. (pictures of the hotels) instead of a list. 

I have made NO changes.... very irritating and a waste of my time.  Plus, I noticed recently that hotel web sites listed significantly lower rates for the holiday weekend than Marriott.com   Funny how they go the the motions of re-assuring that we'll get the best rates on Marriott.com and then it looks like they're clearly not.  Will probably make me look more at competitors if the keeps up.  :

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What are they doing to the webpage?
    fistuk Platinum

What is it exactly that you're complaining about?...

If you found a lower rate on the hotel's website than use Marriott's 'Best rate guarantee' policy and receive even a lower rate! Marriott's competitors shouldn't be your concern, only your own rate!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

1.   Something's changed again since I originally posted so Webpage functionality is now closer to what it has been 

historically.  I was wondering if anyone else was having problems. 

2.   Last week when I checked rates for a specific hotel thru Marriott.com, it was listed at one price.  Other hotel

discount websites listing hotels available, listed the SAME Marriott hotel for the SAME date for approx 25% cheaper.

Yet, Marriott goes out of their way to advertise that Member rates are the lowest.  From what I saw, this, NOT true.

As we approach the holiday weekend, this has also changed so the rates are now effectively the same.  Just find it

interesting that Marriott puts the onus on us to go thru lots of hoops to get the lower rate that's available  Why not

actually offer us the lower rate in the first place?

fistuk Platinum

Allow me to shed some light for you on this issue:

Marriott members rate aren't attractive at all! The difference between them to the regular rate is mostly about 1%-2% which is only a few dollars less!!

The fact that Marriott are taking care of shouting out loud that their member rates are the cheapest has nothing to do with reality, but only with marketing techniques (and I am really sorry if I broke your strong belief in their advertisements).

What you need to do most of the time (if not all of the time) is to use their 'Best rate guarantee' policy, as I mentioned above, by finding a lower rate elsewhere and making Marriott compare that rate plus reducing another 25% of it (it's called the 'Look No Further' rate).

This is the best way to really make a difference for yourself, rate wise, and save a significant amount of money.

If you're not familiar with this yet, you're welcome to read the guide I posted last year: click here

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks. 

You're making the point that I was trying (maybe not very effectively) to make-- that the Marriott members rate is not what it's hyped up to be.  In a nice way, I was trying to point out the hypocricy between their hype and reality.  Taking my point one step further, if they truly walked the talk, this would be very rare.  And the exclusions for discount hotel webpages wouldn't apply. 

Jsucool76 Gold

Sometimes the Marriott member rates are usually pretty good. I've found some that are $10-15 less per night than AAA rates. I've also seen some the same as the AAA rate but include parking, and breakfast (in resorts). 

navysafe Platinum 1 Reviews

Same thing happened to me!!!!  When I put in a city....all the hotels in TX showed up.  I did not change any settings either. Very frustrating.  I am now back to normal but it was crazy for awhile!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...