3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2016 10:23 AM by kthorn777 RSS

Bad experience.Need help resolving.

kthorn777 Member
Currently Being Moderated

We recently stayed at Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Peal, MS.  At 2:30 am we had someone enter our room. Just minutes later, they tried again. Shortly after that we received a call from hotel desk(waking us plus our 2 children) informing us we were in the wrong room. Obviously we used the keys assigned to us. Hotel staff had made an error and placed us in wrong room and gave more guests keys to our room. For this error, we were told one of our nights would be free. However, that did not happen. After numerous broken promises and no return calls, I am resorting to this forum to find out where I should go to get this handled. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bad experience.Need help resolving.
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi kthorn777.  Sounds like a frustrating experience!  My name is Cara and I am one of the moderators here on the forum.  I would like to provide support for you and have gone ahead and sent you a direct message for additional details. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

kthorn777

Sorry for your horrendous experience, no one should have to go through that.  They should comp your entire stay!  Here's some suggestions that should work:

1.  Try the Fairfield again, but make sure you talk to the General Manager.  Be polite, but If he/she waffles, let he/she know you intend to call Marriott Corporate next.  IMO, this was a serious security breach and invasion of privacy and probably scared the heck out of the kids.

2.  Call Marriott Corporate Customer Service and let them know what happened.

3.  Hopefully, one of the Community Managers of this board contacts you and they can also assist.

Good luck

Message was edited by: bpelican I see while I was responding carat has already reached out to you.  She is terrific.

kthorn777 Member

Thanks so much for your help!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...