8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2016 1:42 AM by nationwide RSS

Lifetime status points and nights progress

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At the bottom of  Nights Detail is Lifetime Status. The number of nights shows the correct number but Points shows "0". How do I see my lifetime points on-line? At one time, this info was available on-line

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime status points and nights progress
    nmballoonist Platinum

IT issues.  Marriott seems to be doing work on their systems and website, so there have been a number of issues popping up.  Usually resolved in a few days (or more).  Mine aren't showing either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cjlogan Platinum

Has this been addressed?  I want to see my lifetime nights status, but it's not appearing in my account profile.

insertcoffee Platinum

It's been 'addressed', as in a time frame of 'should be back NLT 31AUG2016'.  It has *not* been addressed, as in, it is currently fixed.

Until totals are back on the website, your total can be found out by calling MR.

buckeyefever Platinum

Yep, I originally contacted Marriott Rewards Guest Services on June 28th, regarding the fact that lifetime points were not showing up, and then again on July 2nd, with the response that there were "technical difficulties and would be corrected soon".  Here it is August 4th, and it is still not fixed.

It is disappointing that as big as Marriott is, their IT department does not have this corrected by now.

Additionally, I achieved GOLD lifetime status, with no recognition and notation in my account.  Their answer to my inquiry was somewhat baffling, as they stated that "once a member achieves Lifetime Elite status, it will not be reflected on the account in our systems until they fail to meet the requirements of an equivalent or higher Elite status".  I am a Platinum Elite member currently, which my account does reflect...they could at least post on my account that my "active" status is Platinum, and my "Lifetime" status is Gold.  Too much thought for this to happen, I guess.

nationwide Platinum

buckeyefever - first off, welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders.  We are glad to have you here, and we hope you stick around to share your insights on your travels with others.  As a platinum elite member, I'm sure you've encountered a bump or two along the way, but certainly you appreciate all the good that comes with your status and the benefits it confers.  Plenty of us share your disappointment in the recent IT issues.  We have on good authority that the lifetime status feature should be restored by the end of the month.  That single issue has been the topic of a significant number of discussion and question threads in the last couple of months.  That said, a quick call to the Rewards 800# will confirm lifetime points and nights counts for you.

As to the second issue you share, the system recognizes you as a platinum elite so that you get all the benefits to which you are entitled as a result of that status.  Presently, the system doesn't account for both a current and lifetime status, and so it defaults to the higher.  The explanation you received is correct...  If you don't requalify platinum, the system would revert back to the lifetime status you've achieved, and you will never fall below gold.  That's a good thing.  However, I also get your frustration.  I receive the benefits of being platinum when checking into a hotel, but it would be nice if they could see that I have lifetime platinum status and have been in the program quite a long time.  The system, as currently configured though, does ensure you are going to get the maximum benefit to which you are entitled.  Yes, it could be improved, but it isn't going to disadvantage you in any way... Quite the contrary.

Again, welcome to MRIs.  Warts and all, I am confident this is the best hotel rewards program going.  We look forward to your contributions to help make it better.

Message was edited by: nationwide

cjlogan Platinum

Ok thank you.  I just got off the phone and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had more LT points than expected!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...