62 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2016 12:00 PM by jpmanilla RSS

Lifetime Status - anyone else's points missing

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just checked my lifetime status.  Nights are there but points are at 0, nearly Gold Lifetime Status less than they should be.

Go to Account Overview, then click on your nights, it will show this year's tally and lifetime status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Status - anyone else's points missing
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

There was something on another thread about this recently, and I replied with where to find the lifetime points.  Mine were definitely there at the time; now they have gone.

What is going on NathalieF?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Probably just an error on a recent system update. The website is looking at the wrong server location for lifetime points. Since it's looking in the wrong place, it can't find the lifetime points so it reports them as zero. Once the problem is fixed (in a day or two) all will be back to normal. Seems to me this happened at least once before. I have no doubt that our points are safe.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Please tell me this is just a IT issue ! My points AND my lifetime status of Platinum is missing. I assume this is just a temporary IT issue but ..... makes me think .. what if the system some how deleted he points and status then I would have to try to prove that I earned the Lifetime Platinum status years ago.. Hope it's corrected soon just for peace of mind.

yager.ej. Platinum

The points and status on my account are missing as well, no worries, I have a detailed spreadsheet providing all the information!  It is broken out pretty well so I have no worries about it being correct.

peymanagement Platinum

Folks this is unacceptable. If I were to open my bank webpage and find that my life savings had been set to zero and there was no explanation, I would be freaking out. I know it is not quite the same thing but these indicators are important to people.

By the way over half of the posts on the welcome page were IT related as of 10 minutes ago.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I have to agree with peymanagement.  I posted on this thread while ago that mine had now gone too.  I've just checked again, and they are still not there.  Yet no-one from Marriott has posted to explain.  They have had plenty of time as they can see the posts on the welcome page.  What about it NathalieF and the rest of the team?  What is going on, and when will it be corrected?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi All -  Wanted to shed a little light.  We have been experiencing issues with the website this week.  We are currently working on a fix and will definitely let you know once everything has been corrected. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

That's all well and good, but when there are known issues, doesn't everyone think it would be wise for the team to be proactive and start a thread telling us, rather than react to questions/concerns/worries?

This is a great suggestion, Tommo781.  We will definitely keep this in mind moving forward. 

jonsummers Gold

I also had issues where I thought my reservations were cancelled because on the mobie app it was missing just one of my upcoming reservations

YogiB Platinum

My app is always behind and doesn't update my nights and points regularly, sometimes even for weeks! That's why I never really use the app. The website works well on my mobile browser and has more options and is better layed out.

jhake10 Platinum

Is this "fix" removing the feature? I tweeted at Marriott Rewards about this issue and got this reply

Hello! That feature is no longer available. If you have questions about lifetime points, pls contact us or call 801-468-4000 -Bob

Something doesn't add up

What !!! I seriously hope this is not true jhake10. I really hope they have not removed this feature. Besides showing the total points, it listed your current status. I have made Lifetime Platinum but it no longer shows anywhere on the system and just lifetime points as zero. At least show me that you have in your system that I am Lifetime Platinum ! This so called "IT" problem is making me nervous. It has been going on way to long for it to be just an IT issue. Can someone please give us accurate and up to date information?

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jhake10,

Our team has confirmed that you were provided the wrong information. So sorry for the confusion. Could you please send me a private message with either your Twitter handle or a link to the exchange between you and the Marriott Rewards handle?

We appreciate your help as we want to ensure all team members are aligned on this issue.

Thank you.

puramboku@hotmail.com Platinum

Hi,

I have been having a lot of problems with my Marriott Rewards account.  My lifetime stay (nights) are not correct.  They don't update for each week.  I have been staying at Marriott week after week continuously for the past two years.  On top of the total Lifetime points shows up as "0" though the lifetime stay shows up as 1387 nights.  To add insult to injury, they deducted 40,000 points twice for my single stay, and when we called them for clarification, they deleted the entry, but did not return the 40,000 points.  The points should now be about 1,000,000 by now.

My wife and I have been staying at the Marriott for about 12 years exclusively.  We always leave the room in the best possible status by making the bed, cleaning the sink, putting all the towels in one place, etc. We always tip the maintenance staff generously everyday.  We try to stay at Marriott even when it is not the recommended place to stay by the client I work for.  To this day, we have not requested one single upgrade or special deal from Marriott.  Rather, we were humiliated at one Marriott after they lost one of our bags that we left behind there for safekeeping, which we were used to week after week there, and all they could say was "You cannot prove that you left the bag with us". 

My wife and I are getting really tired of all of these.  Can someone who is sympathetic to what are going through help?

-Michael & Mary

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My lifetime points have also been reset to zero.  I had enough points for lifetime Platinum and they are all gone!

tgmarriott23 Platinum

LIfetime status issue still not fixed-hope we all dont have to wait for a lifetime to see the fix-very poor given the loyalty and dollars spent of all involved.   Arnie are you listening??? Sir JW would have been!

Beyond disappointing.

I'm still not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of this. Lifetime points have not be reset to zero. All that's happened is that temporarily you can't see your lifetime total.

With the possible exception of a few folks who might be nearing a lifetime milestone and want to know how many more points they might need to push them over the top, this issue is essentially a non-issue.

Relax. Your lifetime points are safe.

Well in my case, and others, bejacob it not only reset the points to zero but it no longer shows my current status as Lifetime Platinum. Yes, I am making a big deal of it because now, no where on the system does it show you even made that status so other then the card they sent years ago (which I doubt I have), there is no proof. I understand that if they ever tried to drop me to Gold because I didn't make the nights for that year, that I could call and argue that I am Platinum but it would be nice to see it on the system. Imagine if you logged into your account now and it no longer showed you were Platinum for that year.

I'm getting a bit annoyed with the time it is taking to resolve this as well. It's been going on a couple weeks now and no resolution in sight. About the only good news is that for folks who have called to inquire about their lifetime points, the information is still available.

My comment on folks "freaking out" was directed at those who were suggesting that their point had been erased from the system never to return. Those who have called can verify that is not the case.

I agree the the "IT problem" excuse is no longer holding water. Something like this could have been resolved in a matter of hours. When it started (late in the week or over a weekend), I expected it to be sorted out the following Monday or Tuesday. I still expect this to be sorted out soon, but my faith in the IT folks is quickly fading. We have been told it's a known issue and that it is being worked. I hope that last part is true. I guess we'll find out... eventually.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We've heard the "IT Problem" over and over again here with regards to Marriott and their lack of ability to provide quick and effective resolutions to issues.  If it is in fact an "IT Problem" then how about someone within Marriott stop pointing fingers and start holding the Department Heads accountable for the complete lack of timely fixes once they are identified and for the time it takes to even identify them. 

Marriott Corporate Offices should be very very embarrassed by the inability to work issues that crop up, expand their horizons within the technology front and become an industry leader with their website to name a few small areas.  I've said this before, but it is almost as if the some of my former bosses have left the government sector and gone to work for Marriott.

Come on Mods how about letting HQ know we are getting very restless......AndrewT, carat, lindseyh and deannad?

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi IAHFLYR,

We asked the Marriott Rewards Manager for an update today, and he advised that he called and spoke to the tech support team today to ask if there was an ETA on a fix, but unfortunately, they were unable to provide one. They did suggest trying different browsers and/or clearing cookies in the meantime.

We have communicated the many frustrations this has caused with the Insiders Community, and shared this and other threads on the topic with our greater internal team. The moderators will continue to follow up looking for updates and communicate any changes to the community as they come in.

Thank you, and sorry we do not have an update on the issue at this time.

Thank you for the information deannad.  Maybe you can lure the "tech support team" Manager to come on down for the TIPPLE, I"m sure that would be a most entertaining time and yes I am serious about that idea!!!  

Thank you for continuing to pass along our concerns. We appreciate your effort on our behalf even when it doesn't yield any meaningful answers.

I find it unbelieveable that the tech support team suggested that trying different browsers or clearing cookies would have any impact on this issue. That's like going to a mechanic with a car that won't start and being asked, "did you try putting the key in the ignition and turning it?"

This is not an issue of which browser we're using or of cookies not being cleared. Were it that simple, the entire Marriott Rewards community would not be having the exact same issue (after all, we all use the exact same browser, right? ).

I'm not blaming the moderators for passing along a BS message. If that's really what the tech support team thinks will solve this problem, it's no wonder it hasn't been fixed yet.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

You are quite right bejacob.  BS of the first degree.

I am losing faith in Marriott big time now if they can't fix this simple issue.

Don't they realise that to have such an ongoing issue for so long is unaceptable?  Just to say sorry simply is not good enough.  If they don't want to lose business, telling people BS and not giving anyindication as to when/if the problem will be corrected gives us no confidence in them.

Not to mention what we may expect when the merger takes place!!!!!

Great point Tommo781 about the merger!!  I remember quite well just how boned up the CO/UA tech issues were with that merger and they both seemed to have quality tech teams going from the start.

killdog Gold

thanks deannad, much appreciated.  Do you suggest calling into the rewards line to get an updated points total?  I'm really close to lifetime gold but have no way of knowing when I hit the mark.  I may already be there, not quite sure.   just wondering what is the best way is to get an accurate accounting.  thx

pwendt Gold

I called customer support about the issue and they had access to my true total points. They were very helpful, went to the corporate help desk and was assured that the glitch was in their system. Lots of changes going on but would be fixed. Not holding my breath for the fix to show up soon but as long as they can give me accurate total on line, from their system, I'm OK.........so far..

tgmarriott23 Platinum

WE have all  experienced missing points, thats what is freaking people out...the lifetime points system integrity lacks the trust factor. No announcement to assure us is whats lacking. IT issues happen. Good brands deal with it well. Marriott hasnt-not impressed just sad. Im now doing what one person did ...track everything!  Temporary issue (as one person said) is permanent until fixed. 

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

I think I am going to take your suggestion and do regular screen shots or print outs.  Each year I wonder how the math works to determine my rollover nights because it never seems to work out.   Even knowing that the bonus nights for having the credit card don't roll over.

Being in the database and IT industry, I get really frustrated when things stop working that were previously working. Also, I emailed Marriott Rewards about the missing lifetime points several days ago and still haven't heard back from them.  The lack of support is more worrisome to me than the points being missing.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Quite agree alwweb.  I already keep a spreadsheet of my points and nights.  I shouldn't have to, but I feel it is necessary, especially as there have been several occasions when they have been wrong!!!!!

I still don't understand the apocalyptic tone this issue has generated. You can still book hotels online. You can still use points online. You can still earn points (whether they post properly is an entirely separate issue and one, frankly, of more concern). You can even view your annual progress and lifetime nights online. You just can't see you lifetime points.

Until recently, lifetime points couldn't even be viewed online. Now that it's a crisis because they've mysteriously vanished. Sure it's annoying, but it's no more than a minor inconvenience. I can live without this information for a few days. Now if I couldn't book a hotel online, I'd understand the concern. This, I just don't get. It's a relatively insignificant IT glitch, nothing more.

So will someone please explain why this is such a crisis of epic proportions.

peymanagement Platinum

bejacob, sure, I will wade in. I am not overly worked up about it, but I think that there are two factors that are raising ire.

1. Marriott's shown inability to count over the past few months, particularly outside the continental USA.
      2. The trend of minor "IT glitches" that have occurred over the past few months. These vary but include not being able to sign on, getting security warning messages when signing on, losing upcoming reservation listings.

I think the irritation that is being voiced is frustration with the website. I also have seen problems with the website that books hotels lately as well such as occasionally the search engine gives incorrect pricing and does not display correctly.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have noticed many missing stays/points over the past few months as compared to the years prior. One MUST watch your account much more closely these days.

Snail5930 Gold

Because I work in the IT sector : Usually if there is some kind of hacker attack , a good solution is to disarm the system. Perhaps a common problems with the site are precisely the result of such attacks.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Exactly peymanagement.  I've also noticed that these IT glitches have been a bit more frequent lately. 

superchief1 Platinum

I hope Marriott isn't using the same Website consultants as Marriottvacationclub. Website problems for MVC have been going on for months with no resolution in sight.

tgmarriott23 Platinum

NO comment on epic-seriously? just need a fix and Mariott could easily and should have made an announcement.  Leave bejacob to control all our opinions and dictate whats right and wrong in his little world. . Hope others are interested in facts, results and not emotions like some.  Just fix it and update us...and not some person who dont work for Marriott.  its a fair request.

I think that many are losing confidence in Marriott's IT for this and other reasons.  There have been numerous examples of what may be IT failures on this site.  These have included failure to post points, night credit, etc. as well as the lifetime points issue.  In my case, my lt nights still show as zero and I have not yet received my annual 15 nights credit for my Chase Visa. People, O believe, are starting to worry that they will not have these properly credited and that they will not  get their LT status once they have earned it!

rockey Gold

I am also not able to see Lifetime points now though I could see them earlier.

I had achieved life time Silver status, that also is not visible now.

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews

Went in to check my lifetime points as I'm approaching lifetime gold... and... I'm glad this is a common error. I'm sure it will be fixed soon! Also leads me to believe I need to make my own spreadsheet too! Thanks all!

I have a spreadsheet for all sorts of travel information including Marriott stays.  It includes lifetime points.

But hen, I'm a numbers freak!

scott.heitmann Platinum

My lifetime points are still not showing up.  Giving this thread a bump in hopes someone from corporate will give us an answer!

canes-1997 Gold

The lifetime status data not showing is...aggravating, but the data is still there. However, I am a lifetime Gold and that status shows nowhere including when reserving. Not an issue anymore as I am heading toward Platinum again this year. The real problem I have with the website is the messed up navigation. One page says "go here" to see lifetime status/points/overview whatever, and the link takes you someplace else unrelated to the expected spot. IT can be faulted, but someone on the business side needs to be reviewing and approving these "Updates" before they roll out to your customers...obviously not happening. If I had to guess I would guess the maintenance and updating of the site are outsourced and the contractors are paid by the hour and release..so they have no real incentive to fix it or they don't have the skills to fix the issue. Further exacerbated by Marriott not keeping an eye on the first thing a customer sees....It's like a filthy lobby.

stubertn Platinum

I just joined the community trying to seek an answer to this exact question.  I have been platinum the last few years, and just passed the point threshold for lifetime silver.  I expected something, an email, a congrats letter, anything really -- I guess I assumed lifetime status was a big deal.  Not only am I wrong, but I now have a point balance of 0.  When I called the "platinum line," I was underwhelmed by the information she had (nothing).

I wish marriott would make it a bigger deal to fix things when they are broken, to inform those of us who are really focused on advancing elite status, and inform their phone operators of major issues.

When :lifetime: is achieved, are they any special benefits (over and above the normal level of elite status)?

progers1000 Platinum

Has there been any update from Marriott on when this will be fixed?  I am still seeing a 0 balance as well.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Nope!  No update.  It is getting totally frustrating.

I just had my Lifetime points hand delivered to me. It was carved on a stone tablet in Roman numerals.

CMXXIVCMLXXXIV

I just hope I don't drop it and lose all my points.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

While at face value this is not an enormous issue, it is still disappointing that it has not been corrected.  I also wonder why an email to all Marriott Rewards members has not been sent explaining the issues and the steps being taken to correct along with an estimated date on when it will be completed.

Would help to alleviate the chain of postings and be a way of informing everyone with the same information.

This is in no way criticism of the Insiders Moderators who are all very helpful; just feels like an email update would be a good step in customer service.

puramboku@hotmail.com Platinum

No matter how many times we call, it's always "check after 10 minutes", "check after 24 hours", etc.  And NOTHING HAPPENS!

jpmanilla Platinum

I see that these posts are from a few months ago.  I checked my Lifetime points and rather than being zero, they are completely gone.  I see the lifetime stays, but lifetime points are not showing at all.  Has anyone else seen this on their account?

Hi jpmanilla, I'd like to look into this for you and have reached out via direct message.   So sorry for any frustrations this has caused!

YogiB Platinum

My lifetime points are showing as normal.

My 2 cents...

jpmanilla Platinum

Actually, I have been clicking on My Account, then Overview where I see this years stats and this at the bottom:

Lifetime membership

Total Nights:  ***

Right after I log-on, if I click on the upper Right on My Account, Account Overview I get flipped to the Ritz version of My Account, which is missing the Lifetime Points.

If I click on the Left Menu Icon the click on the "+Marriott Rewards" then Marriott Rewards Overview, I do get a screen that allows me to click on Nights and I do see the Lifetime Points! 

I believe this changed on my account when I linked my Marriott Rewards with Ritz Carlton & SPG.  All is well now!  It would be nice if my Account stayed in Marriott rather than flipping over to Ritz Carlton automatically.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...