32 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2016 6:27 PM by dansplan RSS

Lifetime Points Status

cmcdonald Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was just checking my account and noticed when I checked my Lifetime Status it shows 567 nights but zero points. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know why this may have happened?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Points Status
    Snail5930 Gold

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi cmcdonald.  Currently we are experiencing some issues with the website.  However, we are working on a fix and will let the community know when we've gotten it all sorted out.  If you have any questions when it comes to your account, feel free to reach out.  We can always take a look and help provide clarity.   

Thanks Snail5930!!

Pt78Elite Platinum

Still not resolved. Any update?

suppada Platinum

same here...it still shows 0 for me too

thanks.

scott.heitmann Platinum

still not fixed yet?

anshul02 Platinum

Mine is also showing 1000+ nights but 0 lifetime points, something very wrong with the site..

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Agreed.  This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

fistuk Platinum

It seems there're lots of bugs in Marriott's systems lately...

Not long ago I also indicated a bug in the Marriott app which hasn't been fixed yet! (see here).

nomadfamily Platinum

Phew - thought that was just me! Also nights, but no points (which is weird when i have a few in my "current" status)

nomadfamily Platinum

Phew - thought that was just me! Also nights, but no points (which is weird when i have a few in my "current" status)

semgal71 Platinum 4 Reviews

Zero here too -- very disappointing that a corporation as huge as Marriott is "unable" to fix this problem.  Time to hire new tech people, Marriott.

mrbmbrown Platinum

+1 for me too!

+1 here as well.  This is getting silly after all this time.  I make no apology for repeating myself, but I am getting very, very suspicious.  An IT issue would have been fixed by now.  Get a 7 year old to sort it out Marriott!

Platinum

Make sure the 7-year old has adequate cookies and milk to work through this obviously tough IT problem. Let's see - count # of nights  - how would one go about solving such a difficult problem in only 2 weeks? Hmmm....

needleworker Gold 1 Reviews

I don't understand why Marriott does not reach out to us about this -- obviously they have everyone's email -- or they could put a small announcement somewhere on the website -- or even post something here on MRI.  I just don't get the silence.

Platinum

needleworker  , please see my new post here -

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

if anyone is listening - they should respond - if not, that'll be the clear documentation of the lack of communication or concern:

gloabtrotter Platinum

An entire lack of update from someone from MR since June 24 seems to indicate that they just cannot be bothered.  Two weeks and they can't or won't fix this. Now perhaps this might not have even happened if they hadn't moved the Lifetime Points and Nights to a different area of the website from where it used to display in the past.  IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FREAKIN FIX IT!  STOP PUTTING US, YOUR CUSTOMERS, THROUGH INCESSANT AND CONSTANT LEARNING CURVES SO YOU CAN JUSTIFY YOUR JOBS AND SAY YOU 'ENHANCED' and 'IMPROVED' the website on your annual reviews!  You're adding ZERO VALUE by changing something when it didn't need to be changed!

I quite agree gloabtrotter.  It really is time there was a statement from Marriott, because we are smelling a rat now, and for the sake of customer loyalty, that needs to be addressed.

merman Platinum

Just my 2 cents: Maybe this has more to do with the SPG integration. SPG counts years at level + nights for lifetime qualification, not points. Changes to 'Premium Blend' mayhaps?

mrbmbrown Platinum

Agreed. MRI ambassadors... any official update please?

Platinum

mrbmbrown -  Here's a post that may interest you.

Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

So far the status as of 7/11 from one of the Community Managers (MRI Ambassadors as you call em):

"Hey all! We've passed your suggestions on to the appropriate team. "

We're all still waiting to see if this actually gets addressed and if any information about when it will be fixed will be shared. Stay tuned...

mrbmbrown Platinum

Not going to hold my breath!

mrbmbrown Platinum

Thanks for the post. Interesting read! dansplan

gloabtrotter Platinum

If something like this isn't fixed in over 2 weeks, it clearly isn't a priority to Marriott.  Saying they've 'passed on' one's comments is like saying the check is in the mail. I'm 18, naive and believe it!:))

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

Remember this when you vote for Freddy Awards.

mrbmbrown Platinum

Yep. Do every year!

dasgoob Platinum

Always been faithful to Marriott, 15 years and going as a Elite status member.  Really disappointed that they do not have a reply to this situation.  896 nights and zero points.  Not a good way to keep people in your program especially when other hotels are willing to "match" your status for a year.  Cmon Marriott.   Update please.

Platinum

dasgoob See this post  in the link below for more detailed discussion and LACK of response from Marriott. It's been pointed out on two alternate sites since 6/23, and was officially escalated here on MRI by one of our CM's on 7/11

Re: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

j&c Platinum

Still zero points this morning for Lifetime Status. Putting a list together of other concerns for my upcoming Customer Service call. C

anshul02 Platinum

wow, really interesting to see so many responses and concerns on this issue. While I have no doubt this is something to do with their IT systems and ultimately it will be fixed by Marriott for sure, some reactions are extreme. I would not be losing my sleep as long as I can book new reservations and redeem points for stay.

I believe a simple email from Marriott acknowledging the issue would calm down the reactions.

Platinum

Christmas is just around the corner if you take that approach to solving problems. I agree that the 0 lifetime points thing is not something to get too crazy about, but it's just the straw that has broken the camel's back for some. Let's see how long the dead link titled "Stewards" at the top of this site itself remains. Surely you can't believe that's a tough thing to fix, but it's like the broken window theory of downtown development....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...