7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2016 8:33 AM by dansplan RSS

A bug in the Marriott app

fistuk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Quite annoying to find out info provided about our accounts in the Marriott application isn't accurate nor reliable!

I find updated info a crucial issue for the Marriott app to have, since on the go it is the only thing I use, but currently it seems that if you go to 'Your Marriott Rewards Account' menu option in the app (where you can also view your digital membership card) you actually see an incorrect number of the points accumulated in your account. It seems this number is an old value of the points which hasn't been updated for a long time...

So how reliable is the app and what is the point of using it to view your data?!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A bug in the Marriott app
    mustanggt Platinum

Not to worry, in lieu of correct data the next time you check-in to a hotel the front desk clerk will offer you a kiss to make everything better...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

or a stale churro from the drawer under the counter

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Marriott Rewards members should be able to review their number of nights this year and points with our app and we're sorry that you're having difficulty. Our Mobile Development team is aware of this issue and it will be corrected as soon as possible. In the interim, you should be able to view the correct account information by signing out of your account and immediately signing back in.

We do want to assure you that when you use Marriott.com from a standard browser, your account information and stay history will appear correctly.

You can count on Marriott to keep working to improve our member's experience.

Platinum

AndrewT . First, I'd like to say "Thank you", but ...you should consider:

1. Replying here: Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

2. Supplying more of an ETA than ""as soon as possible"

3. Stop trying to assure us and let us draw our own conclusions based on action - this was pointed out on 6/23/2016

Last - I want to confirm that, yes, indeed the non-mobile version is working somewhat-correctly as evidenced by my screenshot below:

Marriott IT really should stop moving this around, or at least make it painfully obvious where to access it  (per the myriad of posts referencing lack of ability to find LTP).

Capture.JPG

By the way - promotional nights showing 0 is incorrect as evidenced by even my most recent promo points:

Capture2.JPG

mrbmbrown Platinum

Another post to those at MRI moderation land... doubt it will have any impact - ok bejacob now you can tell me that the moderators are not the ones managing IT and that they don't actually solve issues and that this site isn't designed for that!

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

The Marriott APP in my humble option is the worst in the industry.  The only thing it is good for is checking in and checking out of the hotel.  I never get notifications that my room is ready nor have they ever responded to or followed through on my requests I've sent through the APP.  Why bother promoting it if it doesn't work.