73 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 9:17 AM by AndrewT RSS

Lifetime points showing 0

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else experiencing this?  My lifetime points total was correct yesterday, but this morning it's showing 0.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime points showing 0
    peymanagement Platinum

yes I see the same!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hassmh Gold

I just checked mine, and I see my lifetime nights, but lifetime points are 0! Yet another IT glitch, hopefully they fix it soon.

peymanagement Platinum

There seems to be a lot being summed up to IT issues lately.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Okay, so it's not just me.  These IT glitches are a bit too frequent lately. 

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Mine gone too, but they were definitely there yesterday.  Help!!!

Absolutely right!

Lucifer Platinum

ditto  :-(

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi All -  wanted to shed a little light.  We have been experiencing issues with the website this week. We are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.  We will let you know as soon as we can confirm everything is working as it should.  Apologies for any frustration this has caused!! 

I've left a post on the other thread on this issue saying "That's all well and good, but when there are known issues, doesn't everyone think it would be wise for the team to be proactive and start a thread telling us, rather than react to questions/concerns/worries?"

Platinum

Seems like someone should start a poll if there's a question being asked of the group?   Anyone??

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

There is an issue with lifetime points being reported????!!!!!???? Wow, first I have heard of it....  

carolynd Platinum 1 Reviews

Lifetime points have indeed disappeared.  Hopefully someone will address this asap

lmbriggs Platinum

My lifetime status is also not correct - my nights are okay but I have 0 points

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi everyone - we are still working to resolve these technical difficulties. Echoingcarat, we will notify you all of the fix when we can confirm that this feature is working properly. We appreciate your patience.

Well, this is all getting a bit silly now isn't it.  It has been going on far, far too long.  All it does is give us less and less faith in Marriott IT systems, which many of us know is very suspect at times from having to chase points or get them corrected.

OK, so we all know it will be put right in the end, but why is it taking so long?

Platinum

Just another fine example of Marriott's attention to detail, cutting edge IT, customer care, and general stellar management.

hassmh Gold

As an IT project manager (not for Marriott, don't blame me!), I'd not relish the thought of being responsible for the extent of problems we've seen recently. Hopefully they are working on some projects to smooth things out, but with the Starwood merger in progress it's not likely they'd invest too heavily in upgrading their systems until they have an integration path defined, so I wouldn't hold my breath for things to improve until the merger is closer to completion. I do hope that the merger helps drive improvement, but wouldn't expect much to change for the better until they sort things out a bit more.

Platinum

I've been managing technology projects for many many years and continue to do so (as PM Consultant, so I see a wide variety of large corp, academic, and gov't clients), and I can say the lack of regression and other testing in Marriott's rollouts is inexcusable. Forget about Starwood as an excuse not to fix current problems. I'm sorry, but I'm not just a disgruntled user. I know better.

hassmh Gold

I wasn't excusing the problems, just not expecting to see improvements until the merger is closer to completion. It's usually not fiscally sound to invest heavily in the current system if significant changes are on the immediate horizon, but as you say not to the point of rolling out insufficiently tested updates.

I would hope they would be looking at the Starwood IT infrastructure and compare with the Marriott IT infrastructure and integrate the better parts of each into the merged system, but that's not always how it goes down. We'll see how it plays out, hopefully with a superior IT system in the end.

Platinum

Agreed on all points. If I were Marriott's CTO, I'd be looking for a new job ASAP if post-Starwood merger corp only has room for one. Of course, to be honest, I haven't heard the SPG gripes, but so far nobody's chimed in that it's just as bad or worse, so I'm blissfully assuming it's better

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I'm an IT Analyst.  How difficult is it to populate a field on a webpage?  I'm simply baffled.  A week is unacceptable.  Anything more than 24 hours is unacceptable.

From a rewards member perspective, I am personally not bothered by it so long as it eventually gets fixed, but from an IT perspective, yes, baffled.  Makes me wonder if there isn't a bigger problem with the lifetime points being updated properly, and while they are getting things sorted, we're seeing the zeroes.  I mean, it could be caused by any number of things, and I don't mean to be an alarmist, but because it's taking so long, it does concern me that there may be a bigger problem.  With. Our. Lifetime points.

I hope we're all tracking our lifetime points.

bctg77 Platinum 6 Reviews

Is there any date as to when Marriott thinks this problem will be fixed? I was very surprised to see my lifetime points go away.....

mav Platinum

I called the rewards dept. last night and was told they are working diligently on the problem. The rep. said they have been receiving tons of calls as it has happened in everyones account. Not sure when it will be fixed. She told me my total lifetime points as they can see them on their end.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

It's effected my account too, my 2.3 million lifetime points evaporated to nil!!!!

THese kinds of glitches are not unusual in Marriott IT, which I've always found to be very much more functional than either Hilton or IHG, but alas, as with all sites that offer more functionality, glitches are more likely, and Marriott gets it's fair share of them. In my experience this will out soon

dhitch Platinum

It might be good to let your Rewards representatives know about this problem.  i wasn't aware of this forum before I called to see what was going on and they didn't have an answer other than it shows on their system.

droma Platinum

What if, in order to dispel some paranoia, we got some confirmation that Lifetime Status requirements are not changing?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Marriott Rewards Lifetime Status. Is this good enough?

I'm curious. Why would you think that because lifetime points weren't showing online that the requirements would change? It seems clear this is a technical issue, not a structural change.

droma Platinum

Personally, I don't think there's any chance requirements are changing right now  Reading over on FlyerTalk however, it seems everyone is up in arms that their points are disappearing due to some big conspiracy to make requirements more like Starwood (yes, even though they can't see each others systems yet).  Despite the almost nil chance that this is a requirement change, I think a confirmation might help some folks get through this travesty of a glitch

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't seen that, but now I want to go look. I need a good laugh.

Funny how folks always come up with crazy conspiracy theories when things like this happen. Usually the answer is much more simple and far less sinister.

There is no question that this issue has gone on far too long. Not sure why Marriott IT hasn't been able to fix it.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all! Rest assured that at this time, the Lifetime Elite Status requirements are not changing. If they were to change, they will be announced publicly on MarriottRewards.com.

Thanks lindseyh.  But you must admit it is taking far too long, which only fuels the fire of "what are they up to" in people's minds.  Put it this way; if I had been high up in IT and such an issue had been going on for so long, which affected my customers, and made them lose some confidence in the brand, I don't think I would have been in the job for much longer!

wannaretire Platinum

I contacted Marriott directly before I knew about this forum. Marriott responded with my nights and a point number that was about what I recalled, so I saved the e-mail just in case. Glad to know the issue is being worked by the IT folks.

Jsucool76 Gold

Mine are also showing 0. I read on legitmarriottstarwoodrumorsthataretotallylegit.com that they're changing the lifetime status requirements.

You'll now only be able to achieve lifetime "oh, really?" status. It offers 5% bonus to base earnings, and all "oh, really?" members are entitled to one cookie at check in, annually.

All members will also be greeted and recognized by front desk staff at check in. You'll walk in, and say "Hi, I'm Jsucool76 and I'm checking in." and they'll go "Oh, really?"

This status requires 50,000 nights or 3 stays, and 14 points.

And now, I'm #1 for monthly activity. #Screenshot

monisame Platinum

It seems that Marriott Rewards is no longer reporting the number of points accumulated toward the lifetime status. I spoke with a representative a he told me that they have already  identified the problem and that they are working to fix the  issue. We will have to wait a little more. Keep Calm

Yes, but keep calm for how long?  This has gone on far too long, and makes me very suspicious!

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

Mine is showing 0 as well.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hmmm still showing zero and not showing that I have already achieved Lifetime Platinum status. Seems like it would have been fixed by now and still no official message that it is an IT problem and being worked on? What is taking so long? At least show that I am already Lifetime Platinum.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The Elite Support line is acknowledging that this is an IT problem and is being worked on.

mnavillus Platinum

Hope you guys don't mind if I ask a questions about Lifetime Status.   I've a ben a platinum member for over 10 yrs straight.

When is the lifetime platinum earned?   any clarification would be appreciated?

droma Platinum

Hi mnavillus, lifetime platinum is earned when you reach a combination of 750 nights and 2 million points.

catlady2 Platinum

Where do you find the level of your lifetime award?  I saw it at one time, but now I no longer see it. 

thanks

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

You would see it when you click on "nights" in your "My Account" if the system was working. You would see your lifetime points, nights and your current lifetime status under "Lifetime" but it is not showing the points are the current status right now.

carolynd Platinum 1 Reviews

Marriott should communicate with us about the problem with Lifetime Points.  It's been too long since the web site was correct and someone should explain the reason why we see 0 in that field.  Frustrating!

Platinum

carolynd  see this post: 

Lifetime points missing and other IT woes unofficial tracker

for detailed info on this problem as well as the fact that it's been an issue since 6/23 and is being mentioned on multiple 3rd-party sites, including one that did have a blip from Marriott acknowledging the problem. Don't worry - they won't lose your lifetime points for good - I really do trust them to take care of this....it's just a question of when.

Do you?  I am afraid I don't after so long.  No response is very, very bad. 

Platinum

Tommo781 - Hence the reason I am keeping that post alive and updating daily. It's way beyond a few ppl  griping on this site and unlike others, I'm not paranoid that the whole Lifetime thing is suddenly going away. Can't blame you for skepticism. Recommend you check the other post

Suggestion - an IT rep here on MRI?

now and then if you're not just walking away.

mrbmbrown Platinum

Maybe it is a ploy. Maybe they are adding another tier and changing the qual reqs for LT again?

Just to stir the paranoia pot!

Platinum

nah - they'd have to be smart enough to maintain the current system first which is obviously proving to be a challenge. Remove tinfoil hat please

nationwide Platinum

C'mon mrbmbrown, that's significant pot stirring there!  This place will go up in flames if the LTP criteria move again! 

bctg77 Platinum 6 Reviews

Any update to this points issue. My Lifetime points

still shows zero after a month.........????

Hi bctg77.  Our IT department has let us know they should have this corrected by the end of the month.  If you would like, we can always take a look and provide your Lifetime Nights & Points Balance.  Just send one of the community managers a quick note with your Rewards number.

peymanagement Platinum

Thank you Carat that is what these folks need to hear.

orddoug Platinum

Guess you didn't mean THIS month when you posted this on July 20, since you are now saying THIS MONTH in an August post.  Follow the bouncing month end.

ebullet Platinum

Thanks for the info.  I just sent an email asking this same question, and would have saved time looking here

Platinum

Back where I come from, people with points no larger than yours think big thoughts, but they have something  you haven't got...a dreamweaver badge

As the official counter of things that are less than 1, but more than -1, I now officially promote you to "dreamweaver" status, and award you a badge equal to your current number of lifetime nights showing on the website. Any reference to the wizard of oz is purely coincidence, meaning you should pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Signed this 21st day of July, Two Thousand and Sixteen,

J.W. Platapus, Marriott University, Emeritsoarus

rickkw46 Platinum

It is now 12 August and I still don't see any updates or changes in the lifetime status info.  Mine is still showing 0 points.  Some basic questions:

1) Will the lifetime status information be available to members - points as well as nights?

2) When will we be notified, updated, given some/any information?

3) If not, why not?

iaskquestions Member

Haha danspla, Hopefully their power doesen't go out.. Haha

Lifetime points are now back in my feed...not sure when they came back but just logged on after a couple of week hiatus and they are now showing.

insertcoffee Platinum

You've had a renaissance of your points, then?

Glad you've got them back. Think the solution is still rolling through for folks.  There are millions of MR people, and for some reason it looks like it is a phased solution (unless some of the people saying they cannot see theirs don't know where to find them-- they have been moved a couple of times of late).

anjrober Platinum

mine are back as well.  FYI. 

crashrit Platinum 1 Reviews

Mine are back as well - 0 for the longest time.

monisame Platinum

Where I can check my Lifetime poits.  I don t find a link in my account to verify it. Any suggestion??? Thanks in advance

Just click on the points on the main screen of your account on the upper far right of the page and a window will come up showing your lifetime points.

monisame Platinum

Hi  renaissanceman   Thanks. I have alreay tried that but nothing is shown.

Lifetime nights.PNG

You should get a pop up window showing your yearly progress with lifetime points and nights at the bottom when you click on the the word "NIGHTS" circled in the screenshot above.

Thanks bejacob, the added screen shot is a wonderful touch!  monisame, if you are still running into troubles, send me a quick note, I'll be able to let you know your totals.

monisame Platinum

Thanks carat!!!. I was able to see my totals.

monisame Platinum

Nice touch of you. Thanks both of you bejacob carat . I saw my totals.

queeny Platinum

I have the same problem and good not find my Lifetime status either

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi queeny,

Are you still experiencing these difficulties?