13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2016 4:06 AM by insertcoffee RSS

Blue "Members Get It" Graphics

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Someone, please let me know when the blue members get it graphics go by the wayside, and we can once again be greeted with nice member travel photos when we sign in. Totally don't "get it" as well as dislike the blue graphics.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Blue "Members Get It" Graphics
    YogiB Platinum

We can argue about taste, but is it that disrupting for you?

But if it's that annoying, install AdBlock Pro plugin on your FireFox or Chrome and just tell it to block that specific .jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Ya...  It kind of is.  Wierd perhaps, or else I'm just getting crotchety.  And. Need. To. Retire. So. Bad!  Blue smirky girl with the messy hair and big bug-eyed glasses just doesn't do it for me.  Neither does the denim tshirt dude who is - falling? through? water? or snow?  Feels kinda like my sense of sight is assaulted every time I open the landing page.  Would like to get blue smirky girl out of my head!  Just one person's opinion.  Or neurosis.

What are they teaching kids in marketing school these days?

What are these images supposed to conjure?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I agree pluto77, RETIRE!!!

If I'm not crotchety neither should you be, just retire!!!! 

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Retire!  I recommend it, strongly.  As we enter our 60s we don't know how many vigorous years we have left.  I enjoyed 10 years of great travel after retirement and I hope to resume it before long but we just don't know. 

I think things are backwards.  We should get 15 years of retirement when we finish school and then work until we drop!

Now we have big bubble gum bubble guy in that oh so cool blue tint.  Whatever, I still don't get It.

insertcoffee Platinum

Part of the long curve to appeal to other demographics, much like changes to elements of branding within certain categories, like RI trying to seem 'hip' and attractive to the age group who one day will be Marriott's bread and butter (and who will also want desks. Ahem.). But it was effective to some extent: not only did you look at it, but you are discussing it, even if not in a good way.

Part, I also suspect, to seem less like stuffy, stodgy ol' Marriott and to seem more  what someone thought was edgy and cool.

I'm not as annoyed by it as you are, but I do admit to a loathing of the new colour scheme at RIs for the non-elite room keys and holders (teal and something, a colour combo usually only found attractive in the tropics).

insertcoffee, what you write makes good sense, appealing to a demographic that will one day be Marriott's bread and butter.  Still... blue smirky girl and bubble gum bubble guy... edgy and cool?  Hmmm.  At least I'm coming around to the blue tint. 

What's your brand?  What's my brand?  What's Marriott's brand, and do our brands sync?  I feel good in most properties within my fave four Marriott brands, Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection and JW Marriott hotels.  I guess that's what matters.  (Yes, I left off Ritz Carlton, as it generally falls above my paygrade , and come to think of it, while Marriott is aspiring to that edgy and cool factor, some RC's actually ping on the too stodgy side, to the point where cost notwithstanding, there are some I would simply avoid.) 

insertcoffee Platinum

Opera and the arts are doing the same thing-- rolling out programs to engage the younger people, who will someday be their supporters and donors. We did not need to do this to my generational and demographic cohorts because our parents took us to opera and galleries and ballet and theatre all over and we grew up with it, so none of my peers needed to be trained into thinking of it in adult life. The Kennedy Center has been doing it for over a decade, as have many performing arts centers, philharmonics, orchestras, and museums that I've witnessed.

As for the blue--meh. I doesn't startle me any more. The weird tropical RI keys and key holders: will continue to dislike.

wesleywc I asked the FD for one of the key holders and key cards. Will take pictures and post.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I certainly much preferred the Insiders photos, they were a very bright opening to the site. All we're now left with is bubblegum boy, and I'm unsure what elite message about Marriott he's meant to convey...

insertcoffee Platinum

Looks rather like Veruca Salt's brother...with a touch of Violet Beauregarde's colouring...

(special character selection for Gene Wilder)

seatexan Platinum

I dont mind the blue.  I mind the content.  If they used better images that would fix a lot of the annoyance for me.  I am sure they could have done something far cooler with bubble gum.  It's over all just not an aesthetically pleasing image.

Mr. B Blue has the right idea!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...