7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2016 12:14 PM by phctourist RSS

Is it possible to search for Hotels "along a route"

grampz Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a lengthy road trip: Ottawa Canada to Las Vegas, Las Vegas to Vancouver, BC, Vancouver to Ottawa.  We will be on the road for 30 days and prefer to stay at Marriott hotels.  It would be very convenient if I could do a search for Marriott locations along a specified route.  I have been unable to find this feature on the website and am wondering if it is available.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is it possible to search for Hotels "along a route"
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi grampz,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to search along a route at this time. You can go on the website and search hotels: Use Marriot's Hotel Directory to Conduct Your Hotel Search in Canada or by state in the US, and narrow down by city/town. Once you click on Canada or on each state, it will show all hotels in a "list" view, and you can change that by showing the hotels on the "map" view, which might help you to narrow down what fits best along the route you plan to travel.

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

grampz Gold

Thank you for the link to the Marriott Directory.  I now have it bookmarked and am finding it very helpful in my pre-trip planning.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

There used to be an "along a route option on the Marriott Web site.  Why did they eliminate it?  It was an excellent search tool!

homoviator Platinum

cool idea!

Jsucool76 Gold

While not part of marriott's hotel search, you can definitely search for hotels along a route, on your cell phone.

This works on android phones (should work on iphones too) running google maps version 9.17 or later.

simply key in your route in the google maps app, and start navigation as if you were driving.

You should see a magnifying glass at the top of the screen (if not alternative instructions will follow). Tap the magnifying glass, and this will allow you to search along the route you'll be taking. You can simply type in "Marriott" and it will bring up properties along the route.

If there is no magnifying glass, tap the button that has three vertical dots, and tap "Search along this route."

Instructions should be the same, or similar, on iphones.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

You can also use the around me app. It will show all hotels and everything else but of course not just Marriotts

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Wow, what an adventure!  I've driven cross country a few times and what I do is search for all the Marriotts in any given state.  I view the results in the map view to see if they are along my desired route and then input the town names into a map app or GPS to calculate distance.  It takes a bit of time and effort, but this has worked out well for me. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...