4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2016 9:48 AM by benbuck6 RSS

Certificates plus Rewards/Cash and other stuff?

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

vSo, I got a Certificate for a free night Cat 1-5. Currently, we are in a qualifying hotel for a week (we check out Saturday). We have a ton of traveling to do over the next three weeks and every extra penny counts right now. So, I have a few questions.

1) We will have been in this hotel a week on Saturday and in such got an extended stay rate. If I apply the certificate to this stay will it change the rate of my other nights?

2) Can I ask to apply the certificate in the middle of a stay like this?

3) In the next three weeks we will be staying at cat 6's and above. Can we use certificate plus cash at these places or certificate plus points?

Thanks in Advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Vicksburg
  • Re: Certificates plus Rewards/Cash and other stuff?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

First the easiest answer, #3. No you cannot use the certificate at anything above a category 5 property. There is no allowance for using extra points or cash to do so. Cat 1-5 only.

The other two questions are a bit trickier. Check with the front desk. If they can't help, call the Marriott Rewards customer service number. I've never tried to do this, but it seems like a reasonable request. I suspect if you get the right person, either at the hotel or on the phone, you might get exactly what you want. It's a bit out of the ordinary, but the best thing to do is ask nicely. The worst they could say is no.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

benbuck6 Silver

I was pretty sure on the cat 6 and ups. Im afraid even if they let me use it that it will change my rates for the stay and this town is packed for the Miss Mississippi Pageant...I don't want to lose my rate, people are paying double per night than what I am booked for. (my Magnolia Princess riding behind her Miss Mississippi Contestant)

pics 159.JPG

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

hi benbuck6bejacob is spot on in regards to question #3.  

#1 &2:  Since you are already staying at this property, you would have to check with the front desk to see if they would be willing to change the reservation. Once a member is checked into a property, we cannot modify a stay, so this inquiry would be at the discretion of the hotel. 

What a fun experience for your daughter!!  You can tell she is really enjoying it.

benbuck6 Silver

we all are enjoying her in this experience. I have about chosen not to open this can of worms and just let it ride. I am hearing how much other people are paying at this same hotel and I feeling like I shouldn't press my luck tbh.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...