3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2016 10:38 AM by sgt.maloy RSS

Selling Hotel Certificates from a Travel Package back to Marriott?

sgt.maloy Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I was told by a Marriott Vacation Club Salesperson from Newport Coast that you can buy a Marriott Travel Package and then sell the Hotel Certificates back to Marriott.  Has anyone done this, or does anyone know about this process?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Selling Hotel Certificates from a Travel Package back to Marriott?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi sgt.maloy.  I had reached out for clarity surrounding your question and was able to find out that there is no way to sell the travel packages back to us.  The information you were given was not correct, our apologies.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sgt.maloy Gold

carat, I got the same answer yesterday when Vacation Club was closed and this morning at first from the Marriott Rewards desk...then she talked to a supervisor and my hotel points were returned and a new reservation made for one night.  They can do it, you just have to talk to the right person.

sgt.maloy Gold

carat, to clarify...they didn't "buy" them back like the Vacation Club Salesman said, they gave me credit for the four nights I'm not using.  Rewards Points

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...