14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2016 7:27 AM by mrbmbrown RSS

What happens after you acquire all the badges?

rewired&happy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am new to Insiders and I am fumbling around to figure it out. I now understand that the goal is to acquire the badges, but I have no idea what happens once you acquire them.  Why are we (insiders) spending so much time to get these badges?  Yes, I am learning stuff, and I am contributing to this group, but is there a REWARD at the end of collecting all the badges?  Is it just a bragging right?  Or do you get additional rewards points for being an active member?  I would appreciate a response from long-time, experienced Insiders.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What happens after you acquire all the badges?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Collecting all the Insider badges doesn't get you anything. Well, you get a few participation credits along the way for completing the "missions." Some of the badges can't be earned any more. For example, "Master Reviewer" required posting 10 hotel reviews. Hotel reviews are gone, so getting any badge related to them is no longer possible.

Insider Badges.PNG

Only a few activities on Marriott Rewards Insiders, MRI for short, will earn Marriott Rewards (MR) points. You'll often see a note indicating that commenting on a specific post could earn you MR points.

The short answer is that earning the badges on MRI is just for Insider Credits (which don't actually count for anything) and bragging rights.

Stick around a while and join in on conversations that interest you. Ask more questions, and post about places you've been. I think you'll find we're generally a decent bunch of folks.

Welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrbmbrown Platinum

Nothing but bragging rights. Think about it. Most of these programs are designed to drive users to the content and prey on our human frailness and need for competition (I have more badges than you!!!). They don't add to your points, don't help you get free anything. Some are clearly on here for the badges, some are here for interest, and some are here to help newbs with questions and share information, still others - who knows...

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

rewired&happy, you can get MR points for commenting on special posts that the site puts up about specific locations.  You won't get points simply for commenting.  You have to add something of value or show that you've experienced the property or are somehow knowledgeable about the area or hotel.  Once and awhile there are other promos where you can get points but they are not super common.

Platinum

You are free to print out in full color and hang on the refrigerator of your choice next to your kids' drawings and popsicle (tm). stick creations

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Except for Hotel badges:

Brand Loyalist

Stay two times at the same hotel brand and earn a brand badge (25 points each).

Brand Explorer

Stay at 5 different Marriott hotel brands and earn the 5-brand explorer badge (50 points).Up the game and earn the 10-brand explorer badge (75 points).

Try them all and earn the exclusive uber brand explorer badge (250 points).

Road Warrior

Not for the fainthearted. Earn the 100 night badge (25 points), 500 night badge (125 points) or 1000 night badge (250 points).

Platinum

have you ever seen points actually post for these achievements?

mrbmbrown Platinum

I think this discussion is for the "badges" acquired at MRI, not on the Marriott site. You are correct, you do get points for the Marriott site badges (I have many of them and have seen them post). However, for participating here on MRI no points (usually).

702rugbyref Platinum

As pointed out, you get bonus points for 2 stays at each brand. Otherwise, bragging rights and an indication as to how much time you spend on here by possibly monitoring your credits (although not all comments or particpation accumulate them).

I realize that this post is not going to win me any friends .

Having recently joined this forum I might have misunderstood it's purpose.

I find this "collection" of badges an activity that I put behind me when transitioning from kindergarten to first grade.

That said, I have in fact, been privy (here on the site) to a few important issues.  Unfortunately that dissemination of information represent the minority of the sites activity.

Platinum

back to class professor - you asked, and yes - it's more of a pre-k type of reward actually

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Just to be clear, Insider badges (the ones earned on this site) do not come with MR points. Collecting them is somewhat pointless, but they (along with the Insider participation credits that go with most of them) are designed to encourage certain behaviors or activities. For example, there is a badge earned for posting a blog. Why? To entice users to post a blog. There is a badge for asking a question. There is another for having an answer to a question marked as helpful. Clearly the intent is to get users to ask questions and for others to answer them.

This site is only as meaningful as the content posted by users. The badges are designed to help push folks in the "right" direction. Many folks don't pay any attention to the badges or the credits. Others do. Either approach is fine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...