4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2016 10:55 PM by kroywen RSS

Ritz Grand Cayman vs. Ritz St. Thomas

ecool012 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

All,

Looking for some advice. The wife and I are approaching our 10 year anniversary and I was planning on using some points to stay at either the Ritz Grand Cayman or Ritz St. Thomas. After reading reviews on several websites I am conflicted on where to stay. We are looking for a mix of relaxation with some excitement around activities and shopping. Anyone have my advise or recommendations?  Thanks for the help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
St Thomas, Virgin Islands (US)
  • Re: Ritz Grand Cayman vs. Ritz St. Thomas
    swyatt99 Platinum 4 Reviews

Having stayed ar the RC, I'll attest to the relaxation, great service, and overall feeling of being spoiled. The Marriott is nice, and definitely more LIVELY, albeit not as relaxing. So, I'd ask yourself what you really want. If having evenings at a more lively restaurant where you are more likely to meet other couples and people sounds more fun, then do the Marriott. If you want to be able to relax more, stay at the RC and you can either walk to take a $8 cab anywhere you want.

-SW

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

Thanks swyatt99  St Thomas has always been on my bucket list, and can't believe I haven't found a way/time there yet - nobody's fault but my own. RC sounds like a perfect way to ensure St Thomas will be even better when I finally do go (and I will!)

swyatt99 Platinum 4 Reviews

I Think I read your post wrong, LOL. I was thinking you were asking between RC Cayman Vs. Marriott Cayman. Either way, you can't go wrong. If say that RC St. Thomas is comparable (stayed there too) but I would take Cayman Islands over St Thomas anyday because of things to do on the island at Cayman are better for diving vs. history (castle, etc)

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

FIrst...congratulations on the anniversary.   Either place would be a nice vacation.

I've stayed at both and think the RC Cayman wins.  The hotel there is magnificent as are the facilities.  Golf course & driving range on premises If that makes a difference to you.  The RC St Thomas is a smaller property but with beautiful views    I found the service superior at the Cayman hotel. 

When I was at each, St Thomas was less expensive (both were February visits but  in different years)

Whichever one you decide on,  I'm certain you'll have a great time.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...